Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

good last day of early spring.
at least it doesn't look like it is going to return to bitter cold right away..

when all of this melt hits Lake Wausau from two different rivers, I think the ice fishing will be done.

Corey, I watched on utube how to change those lockouts.
It doesn't seem too difficult. but I was wondering.
do those front spindles turn all the time ?
I thought the electrical switch caused them to turn.
If that was the case, then the lockouts wouldn't work if the electrical switch was bad. ??

I always told my Mom that she could come live with us.
then one day, out of the blue she announced, I am coming to live with you. she was 90 . so, OK. she moved in.
then the blindness got worse until it was all gone.
then dementia set in and got worse until she didn't know anybody anymore. she made it to 99 ..
I will never be sorry that we took her in.
Maybe some day somebody will take us in.

If your mother has dementia, don't let it bother you if she doesn't know you. You don't know what she really knows or understands in her mind..

..........jiminwisc..........

Wow that's a lot of bunnies to board!!

Sorry to hear about your Mom it's hard. While my parents aren't old enough to have that problem yet my grandparents are. My mother and I spent over four years living with my grandparents and caring for them. My Grandpa has Alzheimer's and has declined to needing to be in an Alzheimer's care facility. My Grandma has dementia that is getting worse. I've moved out but I do still worry about them. My Mom moved out but then had to move back in to care for my Grandma.

DH2B and I make it out there as often as we can. We try for at least one day a week. Cold and flu season of course makes it more difficult.

God bless to you and your mother and good for her for seeing her limits! My Grandma is unfortunately usually of the opinion that she's helping my Mom and that she would be just fine on her own. It made it quite difficult when we were all living together because they couldn't care for themselves but thought they could and we were giving them full time around the clock care.

Still it was by far worth it! I was able to develop relationships with my grandparents that I would probably not have if it weren't for is living there.

Tell your dh when it comes time for his surgery he'll be in all of our thoughts and prayers.
Thanks so much, ChicDreams!

We're happy to have Mom here with us - I was beginning to worry about her because my brother moved farther away from her and he couldn't get there quickly if something happened. I cherish the time I can spend with her. XOXO

then one day, out of the blue she announced, I am coming to live with you. she was 90 . so, OK. she moved in.
then dementia set in and got worse until she didn't know anybody anymore. she made it to 99 ..

If your mother has dementia, don't let it bother you if she doesn't know you. You don't know what she really knows or understands in her mind..

Thanks, Jim!

My MIL had Alzsheimer's the last 10 years of her life and she was close by in Bethany Home so we could visit her often. Since I saw her most often, she always had a big smile for me when we'd come. I think I was at least a familiar face to her.

My mother and an aunt are the last of that generation in our family. Sad to see them pass on but we know we will see them again in Heaven.

XOXO

when all of this melt hits Lake Wausau from two different rivers, I think the ice fishing will be done.

Corey,  I watched on utube how to change those lockouts.
It doesn't seem too difficult.  but I was wondering.
If that was the case, then the lockouts wouldn't work if the electrical switch was bad.  ??

then one day, out of the blue she announced, I am coming to live with you.  she was 90 .  so, OK. she moved in.
then dementia set in and got worse until she didn't know anybody anymore.  she made it to 99 ..

If your mother has dementia, don't let it bother you if she doesn't know you.  You don't know what she really knows or understands in her mind.. 

theres a good possibility I'm wrong. I don't know much about much lol just ask my wife. I thought the axle shaft spun when the driveshaft spun and the hubs themselves were the electronic portion. Guess I'll see once I get to it how it goes.
1f44d.png

corey, I would go ask them where you bought the lockouts.
In your case, I get the impression that your electrical still works.?
and you might just be right about the electrical operating the
hubs.. that makes more sense anyhow..

not much on the tube again tonight. I have some stuff recorded that I can fall back on.

I collected eggs yesterday. today we got 20 eggs. that is a new record. I hope the egg production doesn't drop off when the temp
drops off..

I graded and back bladed the driveway.. going to keep doing that until I get all the low spots filled in. I could use another load of granite..
I ran out of gas with Ollie right next to the power pole. No way to go around . I had Annie hop onto Ollie and I got behind with the pu truck and pushed them into the windbreak trees.
that made room enough to get by.

I had to get to the VA for a dr appt. when I came home I brought along a can of gas from F&F.

I would like to go over the driveway once more before the snow comes.

Is anyone interested in going to the bash ?

.........jiminwisc......

corey,  I would go ask them where you bought the lockouts.
hubs..  that makes more sense anyhow..

not much on the tube again tonight. I have some stuff recorded that I can fall back on.

I collected eggs yesterday.  today we got 20 eggs. that is a new record. I hope the egg production doesn't drop off when the temp
drops off..

I graded and back bladed the driveway..  going to keep doing that until I get all the low spots filled in.  I could use another load of granite..
I ran out of gas with Ollie right next to the power pole.  No way to go around .  I had Annie hop onto Ollie and I got behind with the pu truck and pushed them into the windbreak trees.

I had to get to the VA for a dr appt. when I came home I brought along a can of gas from F&F.

.........jiminwisc......

my buddy who is probably smarter than most parts counter flunkies told me it was the hubs. I did some research as well and I'm 99% sure that's it. I'm actually headed out in about 5 minutes to do these tests I read online before I install the lockers and stick a hundred unnecessary smacksroos into the beast. I sure hope when I lay down I can turn my mind off. I've had a ton on my mind lately and can't shut down to sleep for more than. A couple hours a day and it's catching up.

I don't think my Blazer is worth putting $100.oo into.

I think I am ready for a snow storm if the weathermen are right.

I think I have a leak at the manifold gasket on the carb.
it starts very good, but it runs good only if I have the choke
pulled all the way out. I am not going to mess with it until after I am done plowing.
I will smear some heavy grease around that connection temporarily. that sometimes helps..

coffee is done. bbl

............jiminwisc..........

Hey Irish!! what type of buns are you raising these days? Trying to talk dd into getting rid of the guinea pigs (cute buy annoying creatures) and get a bunny for 4 h for next year. But we need a mini rex...I have heard they are the most hypoallergenic as ds is allergic to a lot of furry creatures!

on a side note the bantam chicks are getting bigger... anyone here familiar with buff brahma? might need help determining our show birds from this group. A breed I have no familiarity with! But they sure are cute!

otherwise I am on mom duty too but we have to find an assisted living place for her in the next week or two. She cant be on her own and her health is deteriorating so we need to move forward. otherwise basketball season is ending next weekend...month off and then soccer season starts... that's why we miss the bash every year... too many sports things!

Calm before the stormy weather to everyone here. Nice explanation of the bash Jim....don't know if we need a chickenstock thread, but i'll post one if we need one. I'm going to the bash..I wouldn't miss the folks for anything and the party is fun all weekend...I'm gonna bring a couple different kinds of pickled asparagus for tasting...I know last year bl4 was the hit with all the different cheeses on Friday night....I shoulda had some pizzas or something else to offer, but wasn't expecting the rain that chased us from the fire pit inside the lodge...This year I'll be prepared better...it's a learning experience, I guess for me yet.

Since the birds have been out and about...the feed usage has dropped 1/3...I like that!

bigz

Hi Bambi! Welcome! What kind of chickens do you have in your flock? If you decide to wait to incubate eggs you could join the Easter hatchalong thread. Even if you do set now I encourage you to join the thread. There are tons of experienced hatchers and very helpful people over there. I also recommend you read Sally Sunshine's incubating 101 article. It's great and very helpful. I read it before ever hatching and I'm glad I did.
Wow that's a lot of bunnies to board!!

Sorry to hear about your Mom it's hard. While my parents aren't old enough to have that problem yet my grandparents are. My mother and I spent over four years living with my grandparents and caring for them. My Grandpa has Alzheimer's and has declined to needing to be in an Alzheimer's care facility. My Grandma has dementia that is getting worse. I've moved out but I do still worry about them. My Mom moved out but then had to move back in to care for my Grandma.

DH2B and I make it out there as often as we can. We try for at least one day a week. Cold and flu season of course makes it more difficult.

God bless to you and your mother and good for her for seeing her limits! My Grandma is unfortunately usually of the opinion that she's helping my Mom and that she would be just fine on her own. It made it quite difficult when we were all living together because they couldn't care for themselves but thought they could and we were giving them full time around the clock care.

Still it was by far worth it! I was able to develop relationships with my grandparents that I would probably not have if it weren't for is living there.

Tell your dh when it comes time for his surgery he'll be in all of our thoughts and prayers.

Corey,  I watched on utube how to change those lockouts.
It doesn't seem too difficult.  but I was wondering.
If that was the case, then the lockouts wouldn't work if the electrical switch was bad.  ??

then one day, out of the blue she announced, I am coming to live with you.  she was 90 .  so, OK. she moved in.
then dementia set in and got worse until she didn't know anybody anymore.  she made it to 99 ..

If your mother has dementia, don't let it bother you if she doesn't know you.  You don't know what she really knows or understands in her mind.. 

Absolutely that was a very hard lesson for my Grandma to learn with my Grandpa. See he doesn't always know her of course in his mind he's much younger so he thinks she ought to be young too.

I do know that that Grandpa also understands that he doesn't know a lot although less and less of the time. Still he feels the pain of seeing a face and knowing he should know it. Or when someone would ask him where something was and he would hang his head in shame BC he couldn't remember- these occurrences were mostly when he was still at home and not as bad, there were several members of the family that were in denial about how bad he had gotten.

Thanks so much, ChicDreams!

We're happy to have Mom here with us - I was beginning to worry about her because my brother moved farther away from her and he couldn't get there quickly if something happened.  I cherish the time I can spend with her.  XOXO

:) in glad you see it as a blessing instead of a curse. She's lucky to have someone that lives her so much and is willing to care for her.

Too many people just ignore the elderly as if old age is catching. It really bothers me BC I had great grandparents as a child something most of my friends didn't and so they were uncomfortable with the elderly.

It was only because even a tracking bracelet and two people giving him around the clock care and an alarm on the door couldn't keep him safe that we moved my Grandpa to the facility. We love him and miss him as he can no longer attend family gatherings he's not the same person but that person is in there.

Thanks, Jim! 

My MIL had Alzsheimer's the last 10 years of her life and she was close by in Bethany Home so we could visit her often.  Since I saw her most often, she always had a big smile for me when we'd come.  I think I was at least a familiar face to her.

My mother and an aunt are the last of that generation in our family.  Sad to see them pass on but we know we will see them again in Heaven.

XOXO

corey,  I would go ask them where you bought the lockouts.
hubs..  that makes more sense anyhow..

I collected eggs yesterday.  today we got 20 eggs. that is a new record. I hope the egg production doesn't drop off when the temp
drops off..

I graded and back bladed the driveway..  going to keep doing that until I get all the low spots filled in.  I could use another load of granite..
I ran out of gas with Ollie right next to the power pole.  No way to go around .  I had Annie hop onto Ollie and I got behind with the pu truck and pushed them into the windbreak trees.

.........jiminwisc......

We're hoping to make it to the bash this year. I definitely want all the info at the very least so we can try. Plus I loved hearing about it last year.

Hey Irish!! what type of buns are you raising these days? Trying to talk dd into getting rid of the guinea pigs (cute buy annoying creatures) and get a bunny for 4 h for next year. But we need a mini rex...I have heard they are the most hypoallergenic as ds is allergic to a lot of furry creatures!

on a side note the bantam chicks are getting bigger... anyone here familiar with buff brahma? might need help determining our show birds from this group. A breed I have no familiarity with!  But they sure are cute!

otherwise I am on mom duty too  but we have to find an assisted living place for her in the next week or two. She cant be on her own and her health is deteriorating so we need to move forward.  otherwise basketball season is ending next weekend...month off and then soccer season starts... that's why we miss the bash every year... too many sports things!

You're by Monroe right? It might be a bit far but my Grandpa is in St Elizabeth Manor in Footville and not only was it the most reasonably priced place but it is also wonderful!

The food is great! And they allow pets if your mom would like a companion. I'm sure she could find a nice gentle older cat in a shelter that would adore the company, and rescue. They also have all kinds of activities and such they're pretty small and they have several different sizes of rooms. You should call and go in and visit. Their dementia/Alzheimer's wing if she needs it only has I think 7-8 rooms something like that ten tops so rooms can be hard to get in there. It's a really great place we haven't disliked anyone there. Plus as it's Catholic they have both Catholic and also I believe nondenominational church services every weekend in the in-house chapel.

Also we have one lf buff Brahma from show stock but I'm by no means an expert.

I'm curious why you find the guinea pigs annoying. I had one as a child and miss it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom