Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

86DB3324-BB27-4D5A-B0CF-40D056B88B8B.jpeg

Our first hatch went well! We have 5 chicks! They all hatched on day 20. Was even able to catch two on video so I could share it with my second grade class. I may have spent way to long watching wiggling eggs, haha! We had a sixth little one hatch that seemed to be very weak from the getgo and didn’t make it past two days. They are a week and a half old now and growing fast!

wasn't today just too nice ??
I set up my work bench on the tail gate of the pick up truck.. waited all winter for the sun to come out, no sense wasting it..

got the sanding table tore down to bare bones
the first two bearings came today so I put the lathe on the work bench and chucked the 1/2" shaft to it. then I turned it on and filed and sanded the shaft all clean and shiny.. fit the bearings onto it and now will wait until next week for the second set of bearings..do it all again..
going to G Bay on Friday to get a different lathe. a Craftsman.. then I will sell the Ryobi..
was supposed to sell the pair of geese today.. the goose lady didn't show up or call.. surprised ? who; me ???

there must be other driftless areas in the country ??

........jiminwisc.....

I don't know if I should even post anymore.
now, people aren't even reading , much less posting.

I sold the pair of geese yesterday.
Now I am birdless.
going to stay this way , for awhile at least.

......jiminwisc.....

Jim,

I think the "driftless area" is mainly that area in SW Wisconsin, SE Minnesota, NE Iowa and NW Illinois. I think it is related to how far the glaciers reached into the area and the different drainage basins - Great lakes basin versus Mississippi Valley Basin. I would have to verify that by research if guess - science classes were a long time ago...

Back
Top Bottom