Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

today, 43F. I took Ollie out and pushed some snow banks back in preparation for the upcoming spring snowfalls.
can actually see bare spots to the ground on the driveway.. there is standing water, too.
I spread ice melt around where we park the car.
I imagine the rest of you are enjoying this false spring, too ..
......jiminwisc......

Yep Jim, I shoveled the snow that slid off the roof by the front door and overhead door before it freezes tonight. Sure is nice outside today. I had one small black hen that flew over the pen today and wanted to free range the shoveled paths. Can't blame her for that.
I have the weber ready for grilling a ring of mett sausage for supper later.
bigz

that spring sure didn't last, did it ?
It won't be long until the real spring arrives.
Probably will get one good snow fall yet.
I am all done with the dentist. shouldn't have to go back , except for cleaning, for the rest of my life..

Yep, I have 2 coops that will need a complete coop cleaning. It will be a huge job for sure, but will be more pleasant doing chores for sure. They are still not filthy by any means, but the straw used for bedding during the cold Winter months does not stay fresh smelling as long as pine shavings do. Egg numbers are around 8 to 10 a day right now. Those numbers will increase as the days get longer.

Keep having fun....bigz

I dont know about other parts of the states, but who seen this weekends weather!:weeI am super excited! Might do a big cleaning on our ladies coop too. Its soo dusty! Open some window for fresh air. Cook some salmon or trout on soaked boards on the grill this weekend.

I won't be able to get to the coop cleaning for a while yet. The snow needs to recede quite a lot before I can move the soiled bedding to the compost pile.

I also love to grill most of my meals outside when I can. I've been cooking outside a couple times a week for a while now. I'm thinking chicken on the weber for Sunday and prolly burgers or brats for Saturday.... it sure is nice to see Winter in the rear view mirror….it's not over yet, but getting close.

bigz

Pixie has started laying eggs. We were a little shocked that she started this early. Don found 9 in the "Hut". She is still using her igloo, which I am glad to see with this unpredictable weather we have been having. It was 48 & windy, when I went to work but when I got off a little after midnight it was 31, icy and very windy. What a change. Excited about hitting low to mid fifties on Sunday and Monday. I have been grilling a couple times a month all winter long. Nothing beats a meal cooked on the grill. Still thinking if I want to get another chick or two at the end of the month or shortly after. Depends on when Steve gets them at the store. I really enjoy the one on one with Pixie and when she goes, I would be done with them or if I get more, who knows....

I stepped up my crazy bird lady status by buying a huge indoor aviary for my parakeets. It's actually bigger than I thought and takes up to much space in my loving room. But that's ok. They won't be flinging seed all over the floor anymore, so that's a win.

Attachments

• 20200306_095718.jpg
    20200306_095718.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom