Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

B9B0E45A-9ECD-42E3-86F2-D1178BDF5C0D.jpeg

My Saturday afternoon/evening. Awesome storm with an impressive textbook wall cloud with good rotation. Nothing ever dropped from this storm though, it sure acted like it would but did not have the follow through.

Youngest DS came with me on this chase. We were perfectly safe at our location, SE of the potential funnel as the storm travelled NE and with a clear exit headed due South in case we had to make a hasty retreat.

Set the Brinsea with 24 eggs yesterday. Hope my Lav Orp Roo is fertile. I'll know when I candle in a week or so. The hens have been laying really well and are earning their keep for sure.
Like a little excitement bl4?

Stay Safe.... bigz

Now you should know that by now BigZ!

I‘ve been a trained storm spotter for about 20 years, have a few radar apps on my phone, and was monitoring the NWS. Bonus, met a couple storm chasers who had been chasing out in OK before and knew exactly what to do. ;) Loved every minute of it!

I was going to have my cuppa outside this morning, didn't happen. raining.
I have some potting to do and I just have to get the floor finished in the greenhouse ..
so far I have 21 containers (5 gallon pails) with plants in them. I figure there are about six more to do .. I only planned on having about a dozen..
plant math, similar to chicken math, :lau

I agree Rain go away. My basement is flooding again. Landlord was "surprised" when I told it did. The crack in cement leading to basement and crack in steps is going to lead to flooding. My concern is if it is flooding a small bit in my basement, Padre's is going to need pumping out soon. Bad timing since I am moving stuff out of the house. We got almost all the heavy stuff out and alot of boxes. We have not even started with the garage. May need to re-figure the set up in the shed. I was hoping to have boxes piled high. more days and we are living in a tent. Still need to buy a bigger set up for the cats and get something going for the hen and the chicks. I do have someone who will take the Easter Egger if need be. Cats will have to be in garage in a cage. Hoping to find something soon.

it looks like the rain went away, at least for a few days. maybe I can get the corn and beans planted. I have not even tilled the garden yet.
usually I work it with the tractor, wait a week and do it again. this year I am going to work it up just once and then plant right away.

dry and cool, my kind of weather..
.......jiminwaUSAu......

Back
Top Bottom