Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Lol, I still need to start my kraut! A chore for next weekend I think......

Gave the coop a good clean out today. I discovered mites a few weeks back, and since it took so long to get the correct treatment here we had to put off treating the coop and the birds until today. I discovered one of the legbars has a huge gash in her side, most likely from the Roos. It is just about healed up now so there is not much I can do for her at this point. I’ll grab her tomorrow in the daylight and get a good look at the damage. She might be walking around in vet wrap for a bit. I don’t want to have to file down the spurs of the Roos but I just might have to. We have been told there is a fox in the area. A house down the road lost their Roo Friday, and we lost a duck last Friday. With the threat of a predator I would prefer the Roos are able to extract maximum damage with those little pokers.... with checking all the birds, we only have one with an injury. Molting does not help either.

Thats about it for the happenings here.....

Oh the joys of owning chickens..
we are going to tear down the bucket farm.
cutting the zip ties, removing the stakes, cutting the vines and stacking the buckets out of the way for snow plowing.
yesterday I took Ollie and back bladed the parking area again. The driveway is not perfect, but it will do for the winter.
Going through the routine for my upcoming surgery on Thursday. taking two showers per day. one with soap, one with the body wash for germs. sticking ointment up my nose twice a day. cut back on some of my meds and all over the counter items..
On Saturday I quit coffee.. It became just a ritual, more than an enjoyment..
.....jiminwaUSAu........

the body wash is like acetone. don't get it in your eyes or near your sensitive parts.:eek:
today Annie, Dan and I (as supervisor)
cleaned in the garage..we filled about a half of a dumpster. sorted out lots of items. actually swept the whole floor and when we got done, I backed old Ollie in. We still have lots of tool sorting to do.
When we first started, I thought, we are not going to get much done out here. Was I ever wrong..
........jiminwaUSAu........

:celebrateI like Wisconsin ! My dad was from Kenosha .
The fields are being cut down. The corn was very high this year, an old folks tale tells that the height of the corn tassels tells us how much snow we will get this winter, it is going to be a lot.
The geese and cranes are grouping more. Soon we will have the swan swarm come through Central Wisconsin. The pumpkins are almost ready for the picking and the leaves are just turning their beautiful colors!

The molt is going full time here now. I've gone from 12 eggs a day to 4. Won't be long now and the newbies should start laying to pick the numbers back up.
They are selling pumpkins here already. Amazing how many people sell them. I do know that the guy who sells his for $1 never has to throw any out, and the lady that gets $3 each always has alot that's never sold.
Digging more potatoes today. This years crop is stellar.

Stay safe...bigz

Agreed BigZ; moltistinks....

Mr Fox made his presence known Monday morning...... again my rooster was sounding the alarm. I am grateful for him, he does such a good job protecting his girls. I ran out to chase off the Fox...... he was not very afraid of me. When DH came home from work he pulled out the arsenal to use against the Fox...... thankfully he has not made another visit. I am loathe to shoot an animal just for looking at chickens. If he was attacking them I might change my mind but I do firmly believe it is my responsibility to keep my animals safe and if a predator can get in then I have not done my job.

Jim, wishing you the best of luck tomorrow with your surgery. Get well quickly!

Packer Sunday to everyone nice! How does home grown chicken with home grown mashed potatoes with gravy and home grown cream beans along with home grown apple pie and of course fresh made rolls from scratch sound for supper?
GO PACK GO!

Stay Safe ...bigz

I spent this past weekend redecorating the living room..... painted the walls, the whole nine yards. Just to match some new furniture..... I still needed to get a few things back on the walls when I took the after pic.

18116EF8-5E67-4647-B8B2-1621A3C4445E.jpeg

4D2DA294-C6A0-4287-8653-AFD8A856D921.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom