Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

good sunday morning,
I got to the brew shop and bought a nice thermometer, also a hydrometer and a test tube. also a wine thief ..
Now I am ready to venture forth and start the beer in a couple of days from now.
no snow here yet. I saw guys on lake wausau ice fishing. there can't be very much ice . No vehicles though..
........jiminwaUSAu......

I have some honey that I am thinking about using to make some mead..... I’ll have to read up on the process.....

Soap looks good, still need to make a few more batches.

98D386E2-DD1A-4C0A-9732-A3393ECA3038.jpeg
1A4751EF-1F11-4D0B-9F6F-646E986C3A74.jpeg

Packer Sunday to all..... GO Pack GO!
Nice looking soap bl4....feel free to send me some samples... ;) and Jim you can send me some beer and wine samples....
I don't have anything to offer in return.....it's all about the giving, eh!

Stay Safe....bigz

well, the pack won. how many penalties are allowed per team ?? I think the pack used up all of theirs.
We made it to Medford and picked up nine cases of
wine bottles. That should cover all what I have to bottle
plus one more batch if I decide to make more.
we opened a bottle of rhubarb wine today. made it
in 20002 . It needed sweetening, and it was good.
.......jiminwaUSAu........

Jim, you just need to ask some restaurant to save their wine bottles for you.

Made Swedish meatballs tonight with pork and venison...... so freaking good. I had forgotten how good Swedish meatballs are.....

Cooked up one half of the backstrap of Ross’ deer last night along with some ribeyes, just to compare the taste of the venison to beef. It is so much better to process your own deer, the quality of the end product is superb. Took some over to my neighbors, since neither one had ever had decent venison....... and they both loved it. No gamey taste at all. They were completely shocked.

So now that I have done some research...... started looking for some used fermentation equipment for mead processing....we will see what happens. 😊

yah, I know that. We did that routine long ago.
I had hundreds of bottles. cleaned and labels off. then I got rid of them because I figured I wouldn't be making wine again.. I guess I figured wrong..
I do not have enough time to collect a bottle here and a bottle there. and now days the restaurants use screw top bottles or wine boxes.. Some of the places do not want to be bothered with saving bottles..
btdt ..
you do not need all the fancy equipment to make a gallon of wine.
for the first one , just don't worry about taking hydrometer readings. etc..
I would suggest getting a good disinfectant. Star San is a good one. You do not rinse with water afterwards. The foam is harmless.. The rinse water could actually re-infect the equipment.
........jiminwaUSAu.......

Glad you figured out the venison bl4. We have been enjoying it like that for 40 years. I never buy beef, why would I? My commercial grinder has done 1000,s of pounds of clean great tasting venison too over all those years.
Left over fall apart venison roast being made into venison veggie soup with the leftover garden carrots, potatoes, and cabbage......the broth is tweaked with kitchen bouquet browning and seasoning sauce.... :clap

Stay Safe...bigz

Bars are using box wines? Yuck......

I have enough honey where I would be making quite a bit of mead..... and it would be pretty easy to get everything I need, people are selling stuff all the time here. The chemist in me would want all the toys anyway. 😁

Back
Top Bottom