Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Bars are using box wines? Yuck......

I have enough honey where I would be making quite a bit of mead..... and it would be pretty easy to get everything I need, people are selling stuff all the time here. The chemist in me would want all the toys anyway. šŸ˜

I didn't say bars, I said restaurants. there is nothing
wrong with box wine. it is better than some bottled wines I have tried..

Looks like a White Christmas after all. We woke up to enough fresh snow and cold enough temps that it will not be melting anytime soon.
The hens sure like the fresh bale of hay I broke for them with these colder temps. Enough oats left in the straw keeps them busy and having fun.
Merry Christmas to all the Cheeseheads....hope you have a great one despite the covid issues. We cancelled the family gathering with the big meal this year.....everyone can stop by in small numbers to swap wrapped gifts this year and try to keep things safe.

Stay Safe.... bigz

MERRY CHRISTMAS
we are not doing the big meal either. Only one daughter said she might stop in for awhile.
There are five people living here full time.
that will be it.plus the one daughter.
just barely enough snow on the ground , but enough to call it a white Christmas.
maybe by this time next year 2020 will be just a bad dream..
...jiminwaUSAu.......

Happy Christmas all! Just checking in after a loooong hiatus. I know that two years ago things were CRAZY for us, and we were so stressed out. Pandemic isn't making things peachy this year but we're doing okay.

We had a nice holiday at home. We got the big barn cleanup done and divided into breeding pens before it got too crazy, but of course we still have 23 chickens left to process. Jeff (my partner) built an amazing incubator last year and we did one batch but are really going to put it through it's paces this spring! We have silver grey Dorkings, Welsh Harlequin ducks, Icelandics, a few Cuckoo Marans, Norfolk Black turkeys, and Speckled Sussex. We also have a pen of 'Americaunas' that we breed a few of each year to have green eggs for our egg customers.

Hope everyone is surviving through snow removal this morning!

Here is a video from a month ago when we re-did the barn:

Barn Tour Video - Growanstede Smallhold

I also had a silkie hatch out two Dutch bantams last month. Good thing I have a heated room in my shed just for my Dutch or she'd be in my house with them.
20201018_205840.jpg

Attachments

• 20201230_202946.jpg
    20201230_202946.jpg
    557.5 KB · Views: 4
I like this setup. It makes me want to wall off a small portion of our barn to make an extended interior storage room away from chicken dust, with the option of heating. Cool!

Back
Top Bottom