Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

spring hatches are not usually the best.
Old wife's saying, the rooster has to feel the sun hot on his back for best results.
not feeling too ambitious today. just waiting for the rain to begin,,,,,again..
......jiminwaUSAu.......

My sister did this for me.....

Attachments

• 42C4CB5A-30FF-4179-B91F-5E5985A2D1D9.png
    42C4CB5A-30FF-4179-B91F-5E5985A2D1D9.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 8
Happy Saturday all!
The chicks and Theo interacted without a fence for the first time today. I was really surprised how comfortable they were with him. Because of their size, I've had them corraled with garden fencing to acclimate them to him while they grew big enough to not fit thru the fence. The birds and Theo came up almost nose to beak close. Amazing they were so comfortable.
Garlic is doing fantastic!! It's about time to get the remaining garden planted. Bird feeders are up and I spotted a hummingbird for the first time today. Thankfully it's finally a low wind day, so after I mowed, the burn pile was lit up. Nathan changed out the tires on the truck and went to drop off the Olds ones. Once he gets back, plans are to head out for dinner. So early Happy Mother's Day!!

Happy Mothers Day for those of you that are!
Nice to read everyone is busy and healthy.
My chicks are due to hatch later this week...hoping for
more pullets this time around.
Ended up bagging a nice Tom with a 11" beard.... we just love the taste and flavor of wild turkey.
Bring on the warmer weather.....60's for daytime highs would feel warm compared to this chilly 50's stuff.

Hi all,
I will wager that nobody here is in worse physical shape than I. Having six months off and not being able to do anything sure melts the muscles away.. Yesterday I unloaded 12 bales off of the truck and stacked them 4 high. It took me over an hour.At the end, I was wasted.
I heeled in the new trees. too many freezing nights to plant them out..
Found out yesterday that my nephew pulled the outside faucet loose from the house. Didn't bother to let me know. I will have to fix that before I can use it.
things will get better once it warms up outside..
Is Theo still intact ? How old is he ?
I was watching a tv show about a vet in Alaska. A guy brought in his 11 yr old Maremma. tumor on the hip. Had to put it down. Very sad ..
We had to put Frankie down about a year ago. Now all we have for animals are one stray Tom cat and a couple of cotton tail rabbits. Haven't seen much of the red squirrels or chipmunks.
.......jiminwisc.......

Took the pup downtown for some socialization and manners training with my oldest yesterday. My DD snapped these pics..... cuteness overload!

Attachments

• 38545DB2-7873-4DB7-B996-1DBA934F47AE.jpeg
    38545DB2-7873-4DB7-B996-1DBA934F47AE.jpeg
    148.8 KB · Views: 4
Jim-Theo is not intact. We are concerned with him as he does have some sort of knee/hip issue. The vet says it's luxating patella, but it seems like it's also hips to us. I often wonder what the life span is for maremmas, do you know? How old was Frankie when you put her down?

sad to say, large dogs don't live very long.
Frankie was 8 yrs.
our first female was 16 yrs. she was almost deaf and blind. She was an Anatolian.
Our daughter bought her as a pup. She had to agree to have the dog spayed. The breeder didn't want any competition, I guess.
Good that Theo is fixed. Sometimes older intact males tend to get "grumpy"
I am content to not have to mess with shipping puppies any more.. The airlines made it very stressful.. the people at the local airport were not friendly at all..
.......jiminwaUSAu......

Back
Top Bottom