Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

BL4, where did you stay in Germany ?
I was stationed there for two years, '
ever hear of Dahn ? it is in the black forest near France.
Today I worked on the rototiller.
still can't get it to stop kicking back when I pull the starting rope.
gave up on that for awhile.
went on to the tire on the yard cart
I squirted great stuff foam into the valve stem on the inner tube. the tire got good and hard. I am letting it cure for a day . that tire should never go flat again.

We have a site in Lubeck, an hour North of Hamburg, so on the northern side near the Baltic Sea. Once the war ended they were 1.5 Km from the border of East Germany. My colleagues had to drive through East Germany to reach Berlin to attend college. Every day their cars were searched entering West Berlin and Eastern Germany.

During the war, the RAF bombed the heck out of the city on the eve of Palm Sunday 1942, to destroy the morale of the German people, as Lubeck is a cultural arts center. They have restored the city back to its former glory, mixing the old construction with the new. I always enjoy visiting there as it is so beautiful. The historical city center is the heart of the old city which is situated on an island surrounded by two rivers.

I hope someday I can return on vacation and take some of the tours of the city. It would be great to show my hubs too.

The only downfall of the entire trip this time were the flights home and dealing with delayed flights. Both were delayed half an hour which was just an annoyance. Thankfully all my flights arrived on time and my baggage arrived with me as well.

Good news; my audit has been rescheduled because one of my gifts from Germany was a virus. So today I crashed on the couch with a temp of 101.6. ☺️

We have a site in Lubeck, an hour North of Hamburg, so on the northern side near the Baltic Sea. Once the war ended they were 1.5 Km from the border of East Germany. My colleagues had to drive through East Germany to reach Berlin to attend college. Every day their cars were searched entering West Berlin and Eastern Germany.

During the war, the RAF bombed the heck out of the city on the eve of Palm Sunday 1942, to destroy the morale of the German people, as Lubeck is a cultural arts center. They have restored the city back to its former glory, mixing the old construction with the new. I always enjoy visiting there as it is so beautiful. The historical city center is the heart of the old city which is situated on an island surrounded by two rivers.

I hope someday I can return on vacation and take some of the tours of the city. It would be great to show my hubs too.

The only downfall of the entire trip this time were the flights home and dealing with delayed flights. Both were delayed half an hour which was just an annoyance. Thankfully all my flights arrived on time and my baggage arrived with me as well.

Good news; my audit has been rescheduled because one of my gifts from Germany was a virus. So today I crashed on the couch with a temp of 101.6. ☺️
That is a interesting story. As much of Germany was bombed into oblivion as other cities in WW2.
I went to Germany, other countries in Europe, England, Ireland years ago with my parents. Have distant relatives in Ireland. Germany is really pretty country.
Hope you feel better

I thought Germany was a clean country compared to some . Never saw junk laying along the highways.
I got to travel around a bit. but you can't go far on a 3 day pass with no car. I got to many places by driving in convoys. but all we saw was what was along side the roads. We would jump on a train to get to a destination, or hitchhike.
I hope you are feeling better.

Hi everyone! I tried posting in the rehoming thread, and so far, no one is interested. I have two roos (well, both still cockerels, but one is almost fully roo) that need a new home. I cannot promise they will be nice or good with kids. They were good with my nephews, but as you know, their hormones haven't fully kicked in. I just give this warning, because I do not want a child to get hurt because I wasn't clear. They are about 3 months old. I am happy to rehome them separately or together.
Id take them , but to far away.

I thought Germany was a clean country compared to some . Never saw junk laying along the highways.
I got to travel around a bit. but you can't go far on a 3 day pass with no car. I got to many places by driving in convoys. but all we saw was what was along side the roads. We would jump on a train to get to a destination, or hitchhike.
I hope you are feeling better.
I forget which country, luxemburg maybe. Had urinals in the alleys, plumbed in and all. Be good idea for La Crosse 3rd street with the bars and party goers, though not as many bars as used to be.
Europe was the first place I saw crosses along they highway, accidents people killed. Now see it in this country from time to time.

I forget which country, luxemburg maybe. Had urinals in the alleys, plumbed in and all. Be good idea for La Crosse 3rd street with the bars and party goers, though not as many bars as used to be.
Europe was the first place I saw crosses along they highway, accidents people killed. Now see it in this country from time to time.
I did a remodel job in Rice Lake, Wi.
there was a back road with lots of crosses at a particular curve. Not all from the same accident.

I was annoyed with the graffiti on the historic components.

7C48A6C1-655E-448D-AFF6-09081A78BADC.jpeg

Attachments

• 926D3086-A80D-417B-AA9B-82C0D2E6ED19.jpeg
    926D3086-A80D-417B-AA9B-82C0D2E6ED19.jpeg
    822.2 KB · Views: 1
  • E83E2F3E-AA2D-497B-84D1-5F303D11A946.jpeg
    E83E2F3E-AA2D-497B-84D1-5F303D11A946.jpeg
    613.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 87EFD169-937B-4AE1-B3E5-E5044CA08372.jpeg
    87EFD169-937B-4AE1-B3E5-E5044CA08372.jpeg
    565.6 KB · Views: 1
  • A9C00136-3891-44BA-A1D1-1DDBB081A52F.jpeg