Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

We got 0.08 inches of rain yesterday. Wow. That is the only rain we have had since June 15th. and that storm was mostly wind; not much rain. It is dry out there. My garden soil is dust.
I need to find the rest of the hose for completing my irrigation for the garden. I know I have some solid hose to use to connect to the faucet, but heck if I can find it - I may need to run to town and pick some up. Of course, if I do that I will find the missing stuff in the barn the minute I get home.

Wyo, .08" ? quitchur braggin'..
just buy a short piece of hose .
I can't tell you how many duplicate tools I have because I couldn't find one
the fixit shop called this morning.
two hours ago...
Ollie is on the way home.
He has been gone for seven months.
He better run like new...
I cut 45 skapes this morning. plus some extra from the small patch. I still have to cut the other small patch.
I cut the tip of the other cordon on the grape. now the energy is supposed to go to the lower two cordons. they are each about a foot long so far. two more feet to go.

We had pretty good rain, do not know how much. Short though could definitely use more rain. Looks like chances again coming for rain. Looks like Eau Claire and more north had the rain.
Could really use the rain on my last planting.
Ollie is the tractor I think. 7 months, they rebuild it? What kind tractor is it.

Bought a used lawn sweeper last winter, wife's garden she has it muched good with clippings and straw. Then we have more clay soil. I do not think it will dry out anytime soon.

Building compost pile out of the grass clippings also for her garden next year.

yup, Ollie is my Oliver 55 tractor.
It had a cracked head. all of my antifreeze leaked into the motor oil.
a used head and machining was $800.oo. plus labor and extra parts and oil.. $2000.oo..
surprisingly, I still know how to drive it
I bought a used lawn sweeper a couple of years ago. It doesn't work very well for me. I think it is because I cut my grass long.
I will mow a section real short and see how that works.

I need to get outside and mow the lawn before it rains and starts to grow again.
I got a temporary setup for the irrigation system and got some water to the peppers and tomatoes. They were getting pretty droopy.

DH has been cutting our grass long (3.5") for a couple of years. I am not sure I like it longer, at least in the front yard. With the shade from the huge maples, the grass is sparce and it always looks like it needs to be mowed. Well, it looks nice for about a day after being mowed.

I always cut my grass to the max height of the lawn mower setting.
then if/when we get a dry spell, the lawn doesn't turn brown.
It rained off and on all morning,
never real hard. it is supposed to let up at around noonish.
I am going to pick rhubarb for a pie.
Not supposed to pick it the first year, but I have enough so that I can take one stalk off of each plant. That shouldn't hurt anything.

Oliver looks like nice tractor I use massey 65 and couple 8ns, Then I have a massey 50 needs some help. Almost went looked another massey 65 , was 1700 asking price and the person was willing to deal no brakes, very nice shape but figured I have enough projects. I need to do the brakes on my own as they are getting down there.

I have looked at the 55 when for sale on craigslist, never seen to many with a very good price which attracts me. I do not think there is many Oliver 55s around. Never see many for sale.

Long grass seems to winds up in lawn sweeper and binds it and stops it from working or if i cut it long let dry like hay, but can still have problems at times. I have been letting the grass grow longer as the fuel cost, but if real long I do not lawn sweep.

3rd crop sweet corn playing peek a boo. Man soil temp difference sure makes a difference in germination.

the Oliver 55 is a nice tractor, but for parts, it is the highest . My advice would be to stay away from one.
All the other Olivers, 66 77 etc are less expensive for parts.

Back
Top Bottom