Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Giving corn stand a break for day, tomorrow. Need let corn mature.
4 people yesterday tell me they bought corn from the Kandy Korn truck which comes from Rochester MN I believe. Bad reviews. Anyway the person or family from what I understand grow 600 acres sweet corn and have over 100 pickup trucks. DO not know if it is true. I know they have 2 or 3 trucks in La Crosse area.
I bought corn once from the Kandy Corn truck many years ago and made that mistake myself. Not the best corn. Never again.

I raised the mower with the tractor bucket and got the inner tube installed.
Note to myself. NEVER try to mount a tire without lubricating the bead.
I drove the mower a short distance.

it did not go well. I spilled some oil onto the drive pulley when I took the valve cover off. Now I have another job, clean off the oil.
I have lawn mower I need to replace rear tires not looking forward to it. I can not get the rear wheels off the lawn mower, its a older wards mower. Runs good, low profile. I like it around fruit trees because it is hilly.
I use a wheelhorse mower for most mowing, but it is a high sided mower afraid I will tip it over, Wheelhorse mower is older but built like a tank.

Giving corn stand a break for day, tomorrow. Need let corn mature.
4 people yesterday tell me they bought corn from the Kandy Korn truck which comes from Rochester MN I believe. Bad reviews. Anyway the person or family from what I understand grow 600 acres sweet corn and have over 100 pickup trucks. DO not know if it is true. I know they have 2 or 3 trucks in La Crosse area.
I bought corn once from the Kandy Corn truck many years ago and made that mistake myself. Not the best corn. Never again.
we only buy from the small farm/corn stands-likely similar to yours, always have the best luck

TOR, I couldn't get the wheel off either.
I just took the tire off with the wheel on the mower.
we buy our corn from a dairy farmer who sells it every year. big cobs and as sweet as can be. I think he makes more money on the corn than he does on selling milk. this year he is getting
7.oo/doz. we buy a half dozen at a time. when nobody is there, you leave the money in the box and take whatever change you have coming.
so far he hasn't been robbed.
been doing it for over 50 years,
3rd generation.
one of his relatives sells tomatoes there.

That is what I am going to do, jack the mower up and lean it. Couple years ago I tried and tried to get the wheels off. Soaked oil and everything else. After doing some research I found they do not come off. Some people make their own pullers, but still damage the rims some times.
Can not heat it up because of the seals in the Hydro. Also pull to much can wreck the seal in the hydro from pulling the shaft so hard.

I used to buy my sweet corn from a farmer not far from me. He did the same, box and honor system. Then some people started shucking the corn and leaving a mess so he put another box out for people to shuck. He quit doing it, not sure because of the mess or I know he was getting older. He passed number of years ago. His daughter started doing it again for couple years then she quit. That was back when corn was a dollar dozen.

the kandy truck charges 8 bucks a dozen or 5 for 7 ears. It is state property he parks. Thinking of going and parking by him lol. I charge 5 for a dozen. Should charge more.
Sure not cheap to plant.

TOR, when you do your tires, don't forget to lube the bead,,,like I did..
I really didn't forget, I just thought I would skip that step..
I used Dawn soap with a little water.
One year , when the kids were young, I planted a patch of corn. then I let them pick it and sell it. each of the three kids made $75.oo to spend however they wished. this was back when corn was selling for $.75/doz. all of the sales were made just by people stopping in as they drove past.

I lost the thread again :( . The chickens all have started laying i have been getting 4-5 eggs a day. I didnt think my corn was going to grow again this year as i live in town, it is knee high right now so i dont think it will produce before winter. The garden has been producing well to. We usally buy are corn from a local farm stand for $5 a dozen and its the best around us, other places charge $8 a dozen and the corn is disgusting.

Back
Top Bottom