Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Looks like snow coming tonight. Chickens are bz enjoying the weather. Been BZ didn't have time to watch football games, just the highlights.
Even if the packers won which I wish they did. They would not have gone anywhere, neither were the Vikings. Getting to think at times maybe Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers should both retire and go play golf somewhere.
Well at least a lot of ice has left, still wearing my strap on cleats though. Had the rain recently and water on the ice is worse than ice itself.

the snow tomorrow looks like it will affect
the whole state. I think I am ready for it.
I have gas for the tractor, just have to dump
it in.
we are done with our head colds. what a relief.
Im ready for the snow, we need it. Suprisingly we havent gotten sick this year yet. We usally get sick around jan1.

We ended up with 6" of the heavy wet stuff. Good to get about an hour of tractor time today. That's enough snow till spring for me. I still need to make more firewood, and added snow is not a benefit.
The hens never even thought about leaving the coop today. I suppose I'll need to shovel them an area.

Stay Safe.... bigz

Work Bee down at Camp tomorrow. About a dozen guys are going to be skidding firewood with saws and splitters waiting to buck and split the wood. I wish I had that kind of help at home. Lunch at noon and then another hour or so of work.
Time to fill the woodshed for the coming summer campers.
Spent an hour cleaning up snow yesterday. Glad we are gaining 2 minutes of daylight every day now too.
FFF tonight is baked cod with creamed potatoes for a change of pace.

Stay safe... bigz

Thanks for the well wishes Jim. Nice to hear you didn't have to plow the snow.
We did stay safe today and it was quite the firewood making effort today with 14 guys, 2 tractors, two 4 wheelers, 2 splitters, a big dump trailer for moving cut wood and a bunch of saws. Couple wife's put- on noon lunch and we worked for another couple hours. Prolly 10 cords cut and stacked, and a lot of trees skidded out for future cutting.
I wish i could make that much wood in one day.....

Stay Safe.... bigz

Last saturday the Dh and 2 friends cut down the oak tree between the house and the garage. The tree was way too big for the location and had oak wilt. With the help of the tractor and ropes, it all came down in pieces with no damage to the house, garage, garden shed, new sidewalk we put in, or the fancy (expensive) metal fence. Dh saved the main trunk to saw some planks from and friend took 4 loads of wood home in his truck.

I was so nervous about it and someone getting hurt that I had to stay in the house and only peek out the kitchen window once in a while while making lunch.

On another note, we hit a deer on the way home from dinner with friends Friday night. Not sure if it will be totaled by the insurance company or not. Probably not.

wyo, how did you know the deer was coming home
from dinner ? sorry, old joke..
I don't know of any place close to us where I
could have a log milled. I used to have three guys,
but they either got too old or died..
my computer is giving me fits. I am not receiving
new emails or notifications. I had to search byc in
order to pull up this thread.
I hope it sends.

Back
Top Bottom