Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

nice day for deer hunting.
we don't go anymore.
haven't heard any shooting.
the big gangs aren't around an y more.
they either got too old or died.
the younger generation are not that gung ho about it.
we have trapped 21 red squirrels so far. there are at least two more . probably more..
We have a real jerk of a neighbor who goes shooting his deer elsewhere, then he and his buddies drive their trucks down through the woods next to us, to their meadow and dump all the deer carcass stuff in a big pile. From our coop, I could nearly throw a rock and hit that pile. So we hear coyotes already every night as it is, have had bear in our yard twice, and see skunk, fox, bobcats, raccoons, etc. on deer cams in our area. So let's call them all to the bait pile near your neighbor who has free-range chickens. :rolleyes:

Our border collie and corgi have been going nuts over there so I know they're keeping varments away that normally wouldn't be this close.

We have a real jerk of a neighbor who goes shooting his deer elsewhere, then he and his buddies drive their trucks down through the woods next to us, to their meadow and dump all the deer carcass stuff in a big pile. From our coop, I could nearly throw a rock and hit that pile. So we hear coyotes already every night as it is, have had bear in our yard twice, and see skunk, fox, bobcats, raccoons, etc. on deer cams in our area. So let's call them all to the bait pile near your neighbor who has free-range chickens. :rolleyes:

Our border collie and corgi have been going nuts over there so I know they're keeping varments away that normally wouldn't be this close.
Have you ever got in touch with neighbor and asked him to bone yard somewhere else on his property. Let him know you have chickens and he is causing a problem. He may not be aware that it is a problem.

I hope it works out well for you Deb. Good neighbors are indeed hard to find.
In your case a fence won't help like it does in a lot of cases.
I can also relate to trying to communicate with the neighbors from he!!, I have some here too! They have no consideration for others and never will.
I know you don't have a tractor with a fel, but I would move the pile somewhere else.

Stay safe .... bigz

gut piles and any part of a hide are a good source of ticks .
check your dogs closely.
They are both vaccinated for Lymes and on Credelio for ticks and fleas, but this last visit two weeks ago, the Corgi got a lesser version of Lymes. The border collie who has had Lymes twice was clear this time. So, I guess I can be one of the bunch on the side that says the Lymes vaccination works. There's just about as many that will say it doesn't.

Have you ever got in touch with neighbor and asked him to bone yard somewhere else on his property. Let him know you have chickens and he is causing a problem. He may not be aware that it is a problem.
We could ask but we're pretty sure he does it intentionally. Why would you shoot your deer one place then come dump everything somewhere else? I thought you gut them right where you killed them.

We could ask but we're pretty sure he does it intentionally. Why would you shoot your deer one place then come dump everything somewhere else? I thought you gut them right where you killed them.
A gut pile and a carcass/hide pile are two very different things.
Around here the DNR puts dumpsters, black plastic lined for deer carcssses. and the boy scouts have a bin for hides.
Unless you have NO communication with him, I'd talk with him about your concerns.

Back
Top Bottom