Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Good morning folks! Looks like another BEAUTIFUL day today!

Speaking of which FT what a beautiful shot of your acreage! And your garden!
Dornes you got the salad bar right. I know I won't be able to let my birds free range, lots of cats roam the neighborhood, the neighbors crazy dog escapes regularly and all sorts of wild critters roam around out here, so I'll give the girls as much room as I can and give them the nicest place to hang out I can.

Tiki, Tiger is beautiful, what a lovely pic! I acutally saw an amazing "salad bar" on BYC. The run was incredible.

Hangin' your son is adorable and the video was too cute!

Well off to get a long list of chores done so I'm on time for dinner next door this evening! Have a most wonderful day all!

Deb

phew I couldnt remember my password or the email addie I used for this profile but this am for some reason it came to me lol So Ill no longer use loadsofeggs and have management delete it.
BBP Ill ask BF about one rooster. With 17 hens I think the Colonel Sanders has to many women to handle lol OR maybe when DD wakes up Ill just show her and she will LOVE to have one and BF wont say no to her
wink.png

Well today DD and I need to go to Menomone all by ourselves for the first time, hopefully we dont end up in MI
fl.gif
lol When we get back we need to set her bedroom up. BF went trout fishing with a friend early this am and DS stayed at a friends house last night and wont be home until late today because they are working on some farming equipment (dont ask me what they are working on as I have no idea
gig.gif
)
I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Susie"J" :

Hi to everyone, Wow so much reading! All the wonderful recipes (thanks for sharing) New additions, FT waiting for pics on your pony DKV sounds like next year you will be very busy, happy to hear your getting everything set up for many happy years at your new place. BBP sure wish I lived closer, would love a friendly Rooster. Acerguy sorry about your loss, we let the girls out when we are out close by and after reading about your loss we will have to stay close and keep our eyes open for trouble. MLH sounds like you have your plans made. Be sure to take pictures. CL I think that would be fun to watch when and if I ever get a broody hen.
I am looking for a friendly Rooster for my girls, they are starting to lay and we had to send the mean Jungle Fowl Rooster to camp. He was so much smaller than they are and I think he was having a bit of trouble. He must have been frustrated and got mean to them. Bloody hens isn't what I like to find when I get home. If anyone is close to Green Bay, Denmark area or Neenah (I visit my parents every Friday) I would love to get the girls a new Rooster to take care of them. If someone has one close to there age I think that is best. They are about 18 weeks old. Please PM me if you have a friendly Rooster you could part with. I have 5 EEs and 5 buff orps and 2 production black and 1 production brown.

We have been busy with the garden and birthdays etc, take care and have a good night, Susie

If you are interested we have an extra Blue Andalusian cockeral hatched in Jan 2011, we are coming up to Fond Du Lac tomorrow mid day to pick up DS(9) from his grandma- and if you want him we could meet up- not sure how far a drive that would be for you. Let me know.​

Here's one of the frizzle babies I got to keep peepers company
93065_1.jpg

The two baby IB peafowl and the company I got for peepers - look at all that FRIZZ!!!!
love.gif

93065_2.jpg

Here's the Pied peafowl that is a sibling to the one that H&R has. Man it really is beautiful - pictures just do not do this bird justice.
93065_3.jpg

93065_4.jpg

FT - your garden is absolutely amazing. Look at all that SPACE! My pumpkins have took over and I am planning a new garden next year because it definitely needs to be bigger.

MLH - thanks for the link on the egg cartons. I don't have eggs yet but I plan to sell them when I do - I will be bookmarking that site!

DRH - better get workin on those jobs! My hubby is notorious for leaving things half done...

Tiki - your lab is beautiful! I was thinking of taking my little basset hound for a walk in the fields today - he has been driving me bonkers because I have not had time for his walks. Too much work on the coop!

Oh - and speaking of my little hound - here he is. His name is Dibbs. My grandparents always had basset hounds for as long as I can remember. My grandpa (and grandma) passed away 2 years ago and my grandpas nickname was Dibbs. So.... that's how he got his name. And sometimes I really wonder if it isn't him living through that dog. Some of the things he does... yep reminds me so much of my grandpa. I know, that may sound silly....

93065_215948_1829824938071_1013782284_32004135_3313964_n.jpg

good morning,
we all could have nice looking garens if we had slave labor like FT does.. CC, you think YOU are spoiled,,,

I found what I thought was a small zukini yesterday.. I knew it wasn't, because I never plant those weeds.. It turned out to be a cuke, about 11 inches long and 2 inches in dia.. I broke it in half and it was just as solid as a baby cuke.. I fed this one to the chickens.. there is another one down there, I will pick it and Annie can slice it for creamed cukes..

I get egg used cartons from many people.. even people who do not buy eggs from me.. Once I id ru out of them,, I went to Bethesda thrift store and bought a stack of them for 2 cents apiece..

MLH, I feed raw eggs to my chickens.. If you break them first, they don't learn to eat eggs that way.. any bird will eat a broken egg..

If you would have just tossed a wet towel into the dryer with the dry clothes, the wrinkles would have come out..

Deb, I wish I had a "baby sitter" living next door to me like you do. I will add your name to the spoiled persons list with CC and FT......

I hope Annie brings donuts home .. otherwise I will make pancakes..

HWMP,, I have not seen Al for a few weeks.. she walked out angry when she quit the waitress job.. so I don't expect she will be back for awhile to play cards.. LOL

I am dealing with two people who want my MALE muscovys.. that is a switch.. usually I can't give those away.. One man said he would take both of them,, "on Saturday".. Show? or NoShow?

The other person asked me if a male would mate with more than one female.. I had to bite my tongue from saying that they will mate with a rock pile if they thought there was a snake in there... LOL

..........jiminwisc.........

For those of you who are interested and can use some duck, goose, turkey, or chicken eggs cartons, EggCartons.com has some really neat clear plastic 6 egg count cartons for sale. With free shipping!

I have these and I love them! Strong little cartons and use them over and over again for those who want just six eggs.

Thank you Dkv on the compliments
big_smile.png

Dornes that is a CUTE picture of the puppy
love.gif
Love it

I have not seen Al for a few weeks.. she walked out angry when she quit the waitress job.. so I don't expect she will be back for awhile to play cards.. LOL

Jim, she DOES have a temper on her doesn't she! LOL Were not sure where she come from cuz her dad and I are VERY calm/happy people. That girl of mine though, she has a mind of her own and she's not afraid to let someone know she's mad. But I KNOW she will be back to play cards. She always tells me how much fun she has. She has been busy though with her full time job and now school so who knows. She was going to come to work for me and "beat down" the loser guy who is drunk and rude at work for me LOLOL She's too funny!

Gotta go to work tonight 3-11 then back to work at 7am till 3
sad.png
Going to be a LONG weekend.​

Good Morning all !!

Well, heard thunder rolling but no rain yet but it's going to. Of course we are going to get hay today !!!!! Or maybe not !!
barnie.gif

Dornes- Dibbs is adorable, and no it's not silly at all about Grandpa, he's letting you know he's still with you in spirit. I do believe that !!
hugs.gif
Those Peachicks are adorable !!! So are the others. Have never seen a Frizzle chick before, keep posting so we can watch the progress !!

Cind- Don't ya just love it !!! Poof and it's gone !!! Wish other things in life would be so easy to get rid of sometimes !!! Bills Taxes, neighbors ......

Suzie- Let me know if you don't get a rooster from someone else, you can take your pick of mine !!! I have some young EE, RIR, Black Ameraucana, BFCM, or Mutt Rooster (EE)maybe a Domonique if TO doesn't want one. Anyone Else ???

Dr Ha- your list is short compaired to ours. Mine is all in my head. I really should jot it down so I feel better when I get things done. I made a list for DH ET a couple of years ago. Now when I mention things that need to be done he'll say I'll add it to my list. The list that he still hasn't finished !!!
lau.gif
th.gif
Never ending list !!

DK- Thanks for the compliment on the garden. We made it bigger this year. There is an empty spot. DH thought I was going to add more pumpkins but I didn't. I have to give him all the credit for the garden. He did it all !!!
love.gif
Now if I could just learn to like vegetables a bit more !!! And learn how to can !
barnie.gif

Here are some pictures I had taken of my goats about a month ago. Doesn't look like I will be getting any new pictures of the pony today
sad.png

Gizmo-a fainter goat-aka Gizzy See the heart on his side !!
love.gif

46870_gedc0053-640.jpg

Franky-fainter goat-named Franky because he has blue eyes! Old blue eyes !
46870_gedc0055-640.jpg

Scout-Pygmy cross or ??? aka Scoutman
46870_gedc0060-640.jpg

Lucky Joe Boer goat-aka Lucky-He is camera shy so this isn't his best picture !!
46870_gedc0057-640.jpg

All the goats
46870_gedc0056-640.jpg

Standard Donkeys Oprah & Dixie taking a dirt bath
46870_gedc0127-640.jpg

1 yr old Peacocks -NBC & CBS
46870_gedc0210-640.jpg

1 yr old Peahen-ABC
46870_gedc0211-640.jpg

Ok, That's it for now folks !!!

Last edited:
Quote:
I have these and I love them! Strong little cartons and use them over and over again for those who want just six eggs.

Thank you Dkv on the compliments
big_smile.png

Dornes that is a CUTE picture of the puppy
love.gif
Love it

I have not seen Al for a few weeks.. she walked out angry when she quit the waitress job.. so I don't expect she will be back for awhile to play cards.. LOL

Jim, she DOES have a temper on her doesn't she! LOL Were not sure where she come from cuz her dad and I are VERY calm/happy people. That girl of mine though, she has a mind of her own and she's not afraid to let someone know she's mad. But I KNOW she will be back to play cards. She always tells me how much fun she has. She has been busy though with her full time job and now school so who knows. She was going to come to work for me and "beat down" the loser guy who is drunk and rude at work for me LOLOL She's too funny!

Gotta go to work tonight 3-11 then back to work at 7am till 3
sad.png
Going to be a LONG weekend.​

If you see Al before I do,tell her we miss her anties...LOL

lau.gif
Hey Jim !!!!! Holy Cow, I almost spit my coffee on my new Laptop !!!!
lau.gif
That was funny !!! Slave labor !!! I was going to read it to DH ET BUT just like I tell my sister when she says "He is working so hard" and she says it right to his face !! I pull her aside and say "Please don't do that" "Why" she says !!! "CAUSE I WILL NEVER HEAR THE END OF IT THAT'S WHY !!! "
lau.gif

So Jim, you know how to do laundry ???? So you just gave it away ? So who's the slave now ????? I was kind enough to start the washer and redo the load that DH ET left in it from two days before !! And he complains he can't find his underwears and socks !!! Well Hey, look in the washer !!!
lau.gif

Bit disappointed, he didn't cook supper last night !!!
lau.gif
Guess I'll have to do it tonight so when he gets back from getting hay and unloading it the poor guy has something to eat !!! When I went to get the pony I asked what he had for supper. Two cans of tomato soup and I forget what else !!! I had a bag of Sun Chips on the road !!! He finished the bag for desert !!
lau.gif

So no he didn't have supper waiting for me that night either !!!

Geez I need a wife BAD
lau.gif

Hey Hangin, maybe your daughter is mine !!!!! Sounds like our personalities are a better match !!!
lau.gif
somad.gif
lau.gif

Oh and about the ducks mounting rocks !!!! That is way way to funny !!! I'm still laughing !!! By the way, I saw my ducks thingy magiggy the other day after he mounted the hen. It is like a huge corkscrew !!! Gross ! Reminds me of a poem I heard years ago but I wouldn't be allowed to print it here !!
lau.gif
Remind me when I see you Jim to tell it to you.

Regarding that 11" x 2" cucumber !!!!
lau.gif
No Comment !!!
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom