Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Good Fish Fry Friday All.... Best wishes for a fast recovery H&R...usually 24 hrs after is the true results of the injury. Hope it's not serious.

We were rained out today and didn'r finish at jennies today. My carpenter friend has a turkeyduck that moved into his pond from the neighbors that left. She is friendly and he is feeding her...wants me to take her in the worst way....you know...turkey ducks with the red eyes? Kind of a novelty type poultry that I'm thinkin about....anyone else? He says she spends the nights on his pond where it's safe....smart bird, eh!

Another great win for the Pack...wasen't sure they were gonna win that one either. To many first downs given up for me.

Thanks, x-rays showed no break but a bad sprain- guess I torn some ligaments pretty good. Earned myself some couch
Time(which won't last), ice packs an air cast and crutches. Hurts pretty good right now so at least it's a long weekend should be good for Tuesday!

Oh man H&R I'm glad your ankle was not broken! I am sending you well wishes for a speedy recovery!
hugs.gif

Twain also sends you his well wishes and says" Hopefully you'll get to feeling ok real soon!"

eta: Twain's regards

Last edited:
H&R - glad to hear that you are going to be okay and it wasn't a break! But I bet it hurts just the same...

Well - what a long day today was. We have been without power since 8am. Bad storms rolled through about them, finally just getting the power back on and the cows going in the barn. three of the poor girls didn't get milked before the power went out this morning. So they are FULL and have been letting us know this all day long. Theres tons of damage around here too. Guess a tree fell on a trailer house in town somewhere - trees and branches down all over the place too. Our corn fields are not looking so pretty now either - corn blown down all over. The garden got hit good too - corn is all down in there - guess I will have to get it all picked this weekend and get it into freezer bags. Not looking forward to that - thought we could get a couple more weeks outta it and have some good nights with corn ON the cob for supper...

Thankfully our home and animals all fared well. And I hope the rest of you made it through the storms okay.
smile.png

Yep it never seems to fail when the cobs are heavy that rain and wind seem to get their way....I'm always stubborn and get out there with a shovel and hill the stalks back up til I'm ready or the corn is LOL! It always works for stubborn me...
barnie.gif

Good to hear that it's not broke H&R!

Dornes; why can't you milk the cows by hand? They would not be so uncomfortable then....

Taffy has done it again, we have 4 more little fluffballs ramming around. Jules is on her way to hatching out a few as well.

Storms were pretty bad here I guess, I was in Oshkosh at the time they hit so all I have to go by is the amount of power outages reported and the tree damage. We have a few Oak trees in the cemetary that split and fell along with some bigger branches. Neighbors have a pine tree on their garage, my mom lost a few Black Walnut branches from the tree in her back yard..... nothing too bad. When I looked at the radar, it looked like the worst of the main storm split to the North and South of us (once again).

Looks like everyone is staying busy.

Good evening! We had about 8 drops of rain here this morning! Sorry for all the damage that everyone else suffered! (we could have really used the rain too) LOL on milking the cows by hand BL4!
gig.gif
hugs.gif
On a regular milk cow that is a LOT of milk!!! Maybe like 6 to 10 gallons! My hand just hurt thinking about it!
Just had a nice dinner of eggs, c on the c, tomatoes and zucchini/herbs. MMMMM is all I can say!
I did a bunch of weeding today after work--I want to put some Mums in the garden on the way into the house. I only had two dome back from last year...prolly cause I didnt keep that area weeded sufficiently! Story of my life! I make all these "gardens" and cant keep track of them with the weeds! Makes me ill....
Well, I cant remember what I read so I guess I will sign off and go and read my book (and eat some popcorn!) DH is watching the Brewer's game so I cant play the radio or listen to youtube or anything....he is pretty serious about baseball I guess!

Good night all...maybe tomorrow will be slightly cooler! Terri O Sweet Dreams All!

Take care H&R and take the couch time you need.
hugs.gif
Some one should be waiting on you and bring you every thing you need
lau.gif
OK it could happen
gig.gif
FT sounds like a fun day for you, post pics of you and your forecart when you can. DrH I agree on the cooler weather, we want it we don't want it.
hide.gif
We got about 1/2" of rain and only a few branches down. Some of our corn went down but DH got it back up. BigZ we too hate to have to pick it till we are ready. Hope all of you are OK as well.
Have a wonderful weekend, Susie

Quote:
Oh TO... and BL4. That is a TON of milk. Like a lot. Our cows milk about 50-60lbs per day, per cow, so that is about 25-30lbs per milking. I know I felt bad for the girls, hubby milked some by hand (2 five gallon buckets full) - but he can't do it all - he said his hands were dyin! He wasn't going to lug out the generator for that little bit either, it surely wouldn't have been worth the hassle on 3 cows. Plus, any milk he did get this morning from hand milking, it got dumped anyways. And the bulk tank didn't cool properly today, so when the milk man does come tomorrow we have to do a snap test to make sure it is okay to ship or the whole 800 GAL tank with 4 milkings in it goes down the drain. OUCH! (Thank goodness for insurance if we do have to do that tomorrow morning.)

Well, off to do what didn't get done today because the power was out, I swear my laundry doubled just looking at it today... sigh.
he.gif
WHERE does it all come from!? And te dishes piled too...

Well I am gone for 2 days and H&R is nursing a badly sprained ankle (SOOO glad it isn't broken!)...
People are with out power, cows are needin milkin and TO didn't get any rain.

It rained out at our place a bit, just enough to keep me in, and makin the horses late for breakfast...

Still no main phone, and now no real money to play with until payday so we are gonna have to be careful of our minutes until then...
ack.

Terri, I will be down in the morning, hope you have coffee !! LOL
Laters all
Carol

Back
Top Bottom