Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Good morning everyone!
frow.gif

welcome-byc.gif
welcome to farmergirl!!! Sorry I can't help with where to get "baby" feed, I'm way up here in the northwoods.

Hi Frenchie! thank you for the offer to pick up feed for me
hugs.gif
but with these girls all I need to last me for quite a while is 1 50 lb bag. Wow, you must have a bunch of critters
big_smile.png
(can I come and play sometime?
droolin.gif
) I really miss living on the farm (did for several years outside Clintonville when I was young and foolish
tongue.png
). Even tho we are not really set up for it, if it weren't for my hubby keeping me in check (I married a city boy
idunno.gif
) I would still have our field loaded with all kinds of critters that needed a better home. I really, really miss my Tennessee Walker
hit.gif
. Hehehe!

My coop is finally done!
celebrate.gif
(well, except for the wiring but that can wait til fall) Hubby and I worked together finishing the main coat and trim on the outside. I also got some fencing around my little squash plants so I can now let the girls out onto the grass on their own. I will have pics this morning if it doesn't rain BUT it better rain!!!!!

Careful in the heat this weekend everyone! We all have earned a day off
gig.gif
Yea, I know, tell that to our critters
roll.png

Ugh...need to find a way to tell my I laws that their dogo ( our old dog that didn't like kids and has lived with them the last 6 years). Needs to be put down. She told us that she has bad arthritis and hips are going. Well thy dropped her off at our house for the weekend and she is so much worse. She can hardly walk and her little upset tummy has had her puking all night long. I was up with her most of the night cleaning up stinky messes... Now my kids are in tears because she is sick...told dh he might want to call them and warn them it is not good...sigh..I sense a long hot day ahead

Farmgrl -- Welcome

Kristi - I'm sorry to here about the dog :(

vicki - Congrats on the coop being done.

TO - cute twins

Good morning everyone. Looks like its going to rain. Go figure, I need to get outside and replace the thermostat in my truck. DH came home yestarday and said it was on the verge of voerheating and when he opened the hood coolant was overflowing out of the overflow container. And of course DH isnt all that mechanical so I do the work on the trucks ;) . So I am thinking the thermostat is stuck closed. I also need to bake scratch brownies, trail mix cookies, and smores on a stick for the Brat/bake sale our 4-H is doing tomorrow.
Well shoot, now its raining. Well looks like I'll just clean the house and bake. Great.
Well hope everyone has a good day.

Morning everyone!!

Just checking in before chores! Holy Moly Jim's pup's are adorable!!

TO-The Twins are so cute!! Look at those legs!!!

Marg-JUNE 10, 2012- Amazon....A Discovery of Witches....$2.99....heheh Glad you like your new shoes!

Welcome FarmGirl!!

Red Velvet cake....great now I have Red Solo Cup stick in my head...only instead of Red Solo Cup it's red velvet cake...thanks guys....

With that I'm off-Finish off my coffee and go do chores....
Later Gators
it's better than the song about Shaun the Sheep from Wallace and Gromit!
wink.png

Just stopping briefly to say morning
frow.gif
our flock is getting tested today starting in about 5 minutes, that way the kids are all set for fair this year!

Been busy.....the kids finished school on Tuesday so now to get everyone in the swing of things and on my schedule
lau.gif

cute pictures to all that posted!! Welcome to the new friends who have joined
frow.gif
sorry to hear about all the losses human and animals
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
happy birthday and anniversary hope everyone had a great day!

okay off to finish getting ready, will try and stop in later
frow.gif

good morning all, I have about 15 pages to read .. so I am just going to skip that and write a bit.. If I missed anything important, I guess this inquiring mind is too tired to want to know..

I spent the past 3 days building an electric brooder with the guts of an old one I had laying around.. I salvaged the heating ring, thermostat assemble and the one light socket.. I put all of the components on individual switches.. so I have complete control of lights, heat and I even added a switched outlet in case I want to plug in an auxilliary light or heated water pan,,whatever..
I am going to go through a couple of catalogs to see what a comparable brooder would cost.
mine is 2 feet x 4 feet..

I painted it Green and Gold.. (left over paint I had for my tractor)

ANyhow, I put it into the brooder/breeder pen last night with a half dozen turkeys and a dozen guinea keets.. made it through the night just fine and did not burn anything down..

today I have to get about 8 dozen eggs into the bater for Marlene and Brian..

the hurrieder I go the behinder I get..

My puppy ad on craigs list was flagged already. ahhssoles...

I have 3 people coming for guinea keets starting today and thru Monday..

And just now as I am typing,, Annie informs me that there is another Tom turkey in the yard.. I have had suspitions about a really large "hen" for a few weeks.. I have a guy looking for a Tom.. will have to give him a quick call..

The cockatiel babies are as big as the parents, eating on their own, but not passing up a warm meal from mom and pop, though.. I told Annie she should sell the parents and try to tame the babies down without their influence.. at least she should separate them.. I won't mention that to Annie.. we already have enough large cages taking up half the living room..

the garden is coming along nicely.. My nephew decided to bring out some plants.. so I had to take time to help him plant them.. He bikes 10 miles to come here.. By the end of the growing season, he should be in pretty good shape..eh?

..........jiminwisc..........

thanks for posting that picture Apyl,, the pups will be 8 weeks old next Tuesday..

Some people flag all ads about puppies.. they figure if you are selling a dog , you are automatically a puppy mill.. they also do not have a life..

Brent, I put down weed barrier, and then mulch with old hay to keep in the moisture..
a 3ft x 50 foot roll costs about $6.5o at F&F..
with tomatoes at $1.5o/lb I figure it is well worth it.. I used 2 rolls..

Fish Fry Friday To All....gonna set up the outside cooker today for flathead catfish and ho-made fries and onion rings. That should make it rain. Cloudy this morning but nothing happened again here either.

I usually use old hay or straw for mulch...i just don't have any this year...I might try the weed barrier with newspaper on that...that just might work.....no neighbors here to see if it's purdy or not.

Yep, I hear ya on the wolfs large area, and i also hear ya about thinkin he's gonna be back....they are truly, huge and beautiful even this time of year. Not my idea of a normal wild animal. i was so close to him it is a memory well trenched.

I imagine those pups are packing away the feed now Jim. Good luck with the CL add staying up long enough to get em sold.

bigz

Back
Top Bottom