Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

DrH... so sorry to hear about your ball problem.... maybe some of that lube Jim was using will help?!

cool.png

yuckyuck.gif

I can't wait until CC see that one! Too bad Big Fam is MIA.... you know Joe, K-why makes this neat little product line of saponaceous items. They might work wonders for your orb issue......

Made potato soup tonight from the ham bone, and picked up some nice rustic bread from Manderfields to go with it. Poor DH is now battling this bug. You would think as a smoker he would get hit hard but of course he is NEVER as sick as me......
rant.gif

Nothing else to report. No soap making today, but I did get my pineapple and rosemary dug up and potted for the trip into the house. Begonias look a little rough, but I think they were just dry.

TTYL!

Evening All...WOW what a bunch of crap last night. Ruffing the passer...are you kidding me ?

Hope the butcher job went well for you Cind. It will be awful peaceful around your place now.

Speaking of soap bl4....Jennie just loves the soap she got from the bash....she thinks it is cinnamon? Any chance I can order a batch for a Christmas present for her? Please, please, please!

Nice evening in the woods. A doe walked right by me tonight. Hope she doesn't try that with other hunters....might not be so lucky.

Suzie made a big pan of hash browns and venzun bbq....heaven for sure! I haven't had hash browns for quite awhile.
During hunting season we always eat late til the time changes back. I quit at two bbq's. Prolly eat some for breakfast....popcorn for bfast TO...really!

Good luck with the tractor Jim. We had 15 mater plants spaced 4' between plants and 6' between the rows. Been growing them 40 years, and these were the best ever.

Suzie did another 9 pints of salsa. We need to can beets yet. Gonna stain the one coop tomorrow for sure.

bigz

Do we have to put in soap orders now?

Well my first time worming my chickens... yesterday they got the wazine, now two weeks of tossing those eggs... bummer... what a sad thing to do! Will their poop be runnier than normal or any obvious changes after taking it?

babies are getting bigger and so much fun. Think my pretty little gold neck is a little bit smutty on color, but otherwise gorgeous! But first a pic of those d'uccles... i really love them. They are super sweet although the porcelein roo in the back is still pretty skittish. Working on that though! And then dd6 with the 4 babies. Anyone going to the mini bash on Sunday will see, she will want to take home every animal that she sees. She is a chicken whisperer too. DS6 does not understand what a whisper is.... you will see that too...

Good evening,, I won't add any more comments to Joe"s woes. He has suffered enough..

I tore out all the small gauge wires and put 10 Ga where it called for.. I even corrected the wire to the coil, that I originally figured it wouldn't hurt to reroute.. (I still don't think it makes any difference).. the directions say that if the ammeter reads "backwards" to just switch those wires around.. Like heII I will !!!.. It took me a half hour to tighten that nut at 1/16th turn at a time..

Annie brought me a hand full of feathers from the pied peahen's nest.. the chicken eggs we gave to her were all gone also.. Annie said something must have got her during the night.. I said, NO,, she was on the back step this morning.. Then Annie says, Oh look, there she is on the deck.. so all we are out are a few chicken eggs.. (and a few tail feathers) Must be a coon doing it.. I think we would have smelled a skunk.. or maybe a young fox.. this is the second time this summer that she got beat up.. The other hen is still under the willow tree.. she prolly will get it tonight..
tonight Dora is sleeping outside.. Oh wait, she was outside last night.. I heard her bark once..
Good dog,, you let me know something was going on,, why don't you DO SOMETHING other than bark ???

Dan, I used to have the kids hold the spark plug wire on the lawnmower.. trouble is, it only works once per kid.. Now I think I know why some families are so big ..eh??

Nobody called to play cards tonight,, good,, I wasn't going to play anyhow.. too tired..

tomorrow I have to change the linkage around for the manual starter.. The shorter arm was supposed to go on the foot pedal end..

and I still haven't figured out where that triangular piece of sheet metal goes..

Brent, too bad we don't get a heads up when the tomatoes are going to do great.. I took a chance and planted only 9 plants.. and we still have them coming out of our ears..

..........jimwhoisgoingtosleeponit...........

Hi all!.... Just lost the post so sorry, responses for tonight are gone!
barnie.gif

Butchering went pretty well. The people that came to help was the gal who cleans Neil's room and her husband. They are Muslim so he did the deed quick and clean. I gave them 3 of the 12 birds we did for helping. They said they could only get 2 in their little freezer so the were good with the 3. I did come to the realization that Neil never cleaned birds! LOL And she had never done them either! So, I'm "clean plucking" them now.
sickbyc.gif
In all fairness, there were allot of those little feather that weren't all the way out. I hate those! Much rather gut than pluck! LOL Anyway, got 3 broilers, 3 for canning and 1 I'll stew later this week. I still have 7 left! 4 I'll keep (for breeding) and 3 are nice breeding I want to re-home if I can.

I saw an add on CL that said they are still hatching chicks so I'm going to see if I can get a "playmate" for the keet.

Well, back to cleaning birds! Night all!

oops.... forgot to hit "submit"

Back
Top Bottom