Wisconsinite Needs Help

PunchyPoultry

Chirping
12 Years
Jan 31, 2011
Kansas
Hey everyone. So I'm on here asking for help. I aquired 5 pullets of different breeds as my pets. I loved these ladies and would take them out to garden with me. They loved following me around and I spent hours out with them. One day I noticed one was missing. I searched all over but couldn't find her so I assumed, since she was the smallest one, that she got out some how. But the next two days led to the same thing, one chicken was taken. I panicked and began locking up my two remaining pullets at night and wrapped my entire pen in chicken wire. They were great for 4 days until a different predator was able to bust through this really small hole. I came out to find my last two birds mangled and spread all over the pen. To say the least I have been hunting down every predator on my property and 'taking care' of them but now I can't seem to find anyone with pullets around where I live or I would even like call ducklings. My ideal birds would be cochins or something fancy like that but I'm just hoping someone could help. I live in Delavan, WI so anyone in southern wisconsin that would have a couple birds please let me know. :(

Thanks,
Stephanie

you should make your coop predator proof before you get any more birds, unfortunately the same thing happened with my friend and she lost ALL of her birds to a raccon
sad.png

And chicken wire isn't predator proof! Its made to keep chickens in and nothing else out. And just cause. You took care of the predators you found there are probably several hundred more that u wont see.

Back
Top Bottom