Wish me luck. I'm meeting with city leaders tonight

You really did a good job putting together a persuasive set of arguments in favor of backyard hens. Congratulations! I'm sure things will be changing for the better in your town.

I too have to go in front of our town on the 6th. I am not a good arguer so I'm afaid I'll fail. My birds were removed from our property yeterday and it was a sad day for the whole family. My friend is keeping them till it's overturned and will keep them if I'm denied.
I'm not asking the town to change the codes, I'm asking for a variance to allow them. We are arguing a max of 4 hens, with a $25 yr. permit, no roosters, and I'm still putting together the rest.
I know my neighbor called us in, even though he agreed when asked last year. He put his house on the market just one week after the "complaint" arrived at our door. He could have just asked, I'm not an a*@. So any ideas on the best way you have found to allow them would be great!

Thanks

I think that If you have at least an acre you should be able to have chickens, we need to fight for that law
tell me what happen

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom