Wishard Bronze Turkey Eggs

..looking for a breeding partner?
cool.png

Quote:
Sure how many do you want Msbear? They should be hatched before the swap. I could bring some up to you.
Just let me know.
You know how are hubbys can be.
lol.png

They are way cool! I love my palms though... have to reconfigure some things but, I really like the wild type look and am interested in the heritage breed thing.

If you follow the story from the ALBC site that Frosty posted. 42 hens and 6 toms that where bought from Thundering Hooves Farm. www.thunderinghooves.net There website says "This year, we transitioned from raising turkeys to partnering with Bernie Nash at Mad Hatcher Farms in Ephrata, WA. He is raising wonderful high quality chickens and broad-breasted turkeys for us, but sadly he has had a great deal of misfortune with the heritage turkeys.

One serious challenge was that the hatch rate was poor. Then when he tried to buy several hundred day-old heritage turkey poults from a hatchery, the poults did not arrive for three days (which is too long) and most died shortly thereafter."

I just wonder why the hatch rate was so poor, and if it was the Wishard strain that they are talking about?

Quote:
I think their site said the same thing last year when I looked them up... I did get the feeling that they won't be a source for quality Wishard Bronze poults.

At the same time, I belong to a turkey group and in 2004 somebody posted that they were looking for either Kardosh or Wishard Bronze and the person selling these eggs offered some of their eggs...
'We raise a standard bronze.. they look like wishard or kardosh. The size is larger than an eastern wild smaller than a bbb.. in wisc. we
call them "standard, or unimproved".

While I feel they could be quality turkeys (I think they have been selling since at least 2003), my question is did they get in some Wishard Bronze since then, or are they using the name to sell what they have? Without finding out for sure, I wouldn't sell my excess poults as Wishard Bronze.​

So true.
If I sell any before I know for sure what they really are then it will be just plain bronze turkeys.
He did say something about membership and getting his flock number. I will have to hunt down that email.
Hopping to get a reply as to if they are from that farm/breeder or not.
Thanks for all the replys.
Eggs got shipped today so in 28 days I'll start posting the pictures of them and see what everyone thinks from then on.
It will be very cool if I did happen one to the pure line and able to work with them.

Back
Top Bottom