Wishard Bronze Turkey Eggs

I had the real Wishard back in the 80s from the Wishard flock, so remember them well, interesting bird, poults I hand raised were as quiet as any farm birds, poults raised by the parents were tame to come to feed but hard to catch and they can and do fly, so any poults I get this year will get wings clipped, and I will most likely clip any future pouts I raise , I am going to be moving this year hopefully to a place I can free range them around the homestead. I liked the size of them, bigger then the Eastern Wilds, a bit smaller then the standard bronze, fit my oven much better.

I am going to stick my nose into this conversation because I was looking for Wishard Bronze last year with no response from anyone. It is VERY exciting to me to see so much genuine interest grow for these birds after just one year. I was lucky enough to get a hold of Bernie Nash before his troubles and purchased 1/2 dozen eggs, hatched 3 poults, purchased another 1/2 dozen and hatched 3 more. My hatching problems I believe to be my broodies fault and not the egg fertility, but what do I know. I am very pleased with the birds I have now and hope to get another dozen from Bernie this spring if he is up for it. Good luck with your batch of eggs, if they turn out to be true Wishard I'll want some eggs from you next season to introduce new blood.

I also was looking for the Wishard last year, didnt find them but wasnt on this site,

I am getting poults from Sandhill this spring, may well be looking for some eggs also.

They were an excellent free ranging bird on the farm, and all came in every morning for feeding, into a barn, so no problem rounding them up.I am looking forward to having them again.

I got my eggs today they sent 18.
I'll take a picture and post it so everyone can see them.
The others come in Friday!
Can't wait to set them.

Here is the picture of the eggs.
46537_turkey_eggs_3-10-2011_003.jpg

Quote:
Thanks I hope so!
From what I have been told he got them from people that got them from a family that they had to sell them off.
So maybe they are the real deal.

Here is a picture of the breeder turkeys.
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT MY PHOTO! IT IS THE BREEDERS PICTURE
46537_kgrhqqokkie0yrojgkbnz0grng6g_121_2.jpg

Last edited:
They sure look like the Wishards I had from the Wishard farm.

If you are selling hatching eggs next year I will be interested in some just for an outcross.

I how to just have to figure out how I will keep the crimson dawn and the Wishard breeds from crossing.
Have to get plans in the works. I got time but sure want everything ready for then.
Well I'm very very glad that they look like them.
So hope so.
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom