Wisteria, Expecting Mamma. Hatch-A-Long

Snapchat-1198979254.jpg

ITS EARLY! I had two that have already hatched! Sadly I lost one already, it fell out of the nest box and I think the others pecked it. So now I'm sitting in the coop to make sure everyone else is OK while o set up the cage. I know I should have already had it set up but work has blindsided me. But my roommate is getting a large dog jennled wired up with hardware cloth so I can move them into it and have it in the coop! Exciting!

So I lost two out of the 4. Mamma rejected one that I think was taking to long to hatch. Found it thrown out of the nest and wasn't even dried out. But the other two are still doing great. The two little Barnevelder/Black Australorps crosses are apparently the ones. They're super cute and look like twins. Even though each has diffrent biological mammas. Now it's the waiting game to see what gender they are I'm PRAYING they are females.

Oh no, I missed it!!! :hit
How are the babies?! Too bad you lost some! It happens though. Your avatar is adorable. :love
It's ok we all get busy! Yes it was somewhat of a bummer. The first one I take full responsibility for. I feel awful. The second idk it just was taking forever to hatch and maybe she just wanted to focus on those that hatched?? I'm very happy how well she is taking to them being a first timer. But maybe it's a good thing there is only two so she can get the hang of it? If she goes broody in the spring I'll be throwing more eggs under her. I'm disappointed because the Speckled sussex/Barnevelder cross chuck was absolutely gorgeous. Normally they are dark tan and such...but this one was a beautiful vibrant gold color with intense dark striping. Whether male or female I'm sure it would have been gorgeous. So I wanna try again. And the egg she rejected was a pure Barnevelder which is sad cause that was a pure bred.

Back
Top Bottom