Witchcraft thread

Pics
The word "Samhain" (I think that's how it's spelled) is pronounced as if it was spelled, "sawn." Or at least I think that's what I've read....?

Anyway. Where does that word come from? What does it actually mean?

Ok, I'm a word nerd, and I find this stuff fascinating.
I've always seen it used for a specific spirit

The word "Samhain" (I think that's how it's spelled) is pronounced as if it was spelled, "sawn." Or at least I think that's what I've read....?

Anyway. Where does that word come from? What does it actually mean?

Ok, I'm a word nerd, and I find this stuff fascinating.
Old Irish, it literally means summer’s end. Old Gaelic samhuinn. Pronounced “sow in”

Can I believe in multiple gods that don't really cross paths?? Like greek gods, along with hindu gods?

I know nothing about gods or religions, im just thinking
You can believe in whatever you want. Be respectful of the deities and the religions they are a part of.

There are pantheons of Gods and Goddesses in many religions, which means that one pantheon will likely have a corresponding deity in another. Mixing and matching would require learning the lore of multiple paths rather than one. It might easier to start with one, then when you’re well versed learn another. Before you invest in tools and supplies so you don’t waste money.

You may find that you really connect to multiple deities, or you may find you see them as generalized ideas of the male and female aspect of deity without a separate entity to rule over particular aspects of life. Or you may find that you don’t want to include deity at all, but that you connect to nature and like to do spells for yourself. Or you may decide it’s all a bunch of nonsense and ditch the concept entirely. You need to do your research and decide what’s right for you.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom