Witchcraft thread

Pics
If it’s a way of life how does it affect your life? I presume that also differs between different people so either personally or the common ways
Common ways are a love of nature and Earth, spells for change or needs and praying to deities if one believes in them. How it impacts a person personally is just as varied as how any other religion does. It depends on what you believe.

I have to share a story I heard a loooong time ago on the radio. (Might have been All Things Considered, on NPR.) They were talking with a witch, and asked something like, "What do people ask you when they find out you're a practicing witch?"

The answer was, "Can you make a love potion?" She went on to explain that yes, she could, and gave the recipe.

I remember only that you needed something belonging to the person you wanted to have fall in love with you, something that had been next to their body, and had been exposed to their energy. A handkerchief or sock would be good, and yes, wash them! You had to soak the item in the potion, and you had to get the person to consume this concoction. One way was to use it as a marinade.

Then she told this story. A woman asked her for a love potion to help a guy she loved fall in love with her. So she made the potion, and then marinated a steak in it. She was making him dinner at her place, and he was coming over, and bring his dog to visit her dog. He came, but said he felt horrible, like he was coming down with the flu. She cooked the steak anyway and gave him some to take home.

He called her a few days later, to get together at the park where they would walk the dogs. He admitted on the phone that he hadn't felt like eating the steak, but it didn't go to waste, because he fed it to his dog.

The dog became absolutely crazy about this woman.

The story had a happy ending. The man said that if his dog thought she was such a great person, she must be a great person. They ended up getting married.
Some people would say that’s bad mojo. It’s possibly forcing someone into a relationship that they might not otherwise choose. Others find no fault in it.

I suck at this ! But I can try.
Samhain is believed to be where halloween orignated from! It's mostly to celebrate our ancestors who have passed away.
I set up the leaves and flowers just for the fall theme, and it fits the alter sooo.. :)

The feathers off my dead hen was for 2 reasons, 1. She's dead. 2. She was my dead grandmothers hen! Which I took under my wing after my grandmother passed away.

I added my grandmothers jewelry, 1 of her bracelets and 1 of her rings. The altar is for my ancestors, so I had to put some of their belongings. I found out that the other ring is my great grandmothers! Sadly, I only have their jewelry. I wish I could add pictures but I don't have a printer or anything of the like - I'll ask my mother if she has any pictures or could print something somewhere for me! + The 2 sheep ornaments once belonged to my grandma too

I have the bone to symbolise death. The bone is mostly likely a fox or something similair leg bone! I found it during a walk, so i kept it.

Palo santo is for cleansing negative energy and *harmful* spirits.

I have my rose quartz pendant hanging over the altar for protection and love!

The candle is just a typical thing to have in your altar,
I added chamomile to the candle for no typical reason but it does stand for;
Protection
Purification
Luck

I was gonna add a pentagram to the altar using sticks but I didn't have any string to tie it together, though the pentagram is for protection!
For your ancestors you can include a male and female figure with no features or a picture frame with no picture to represent those you didn’t know or don’t have pics of. Also, if you can take a picture of a picture and print at Walmart for 14 cents off your phone. I use these figures
IMG_6459.jpeg

Witchcraft looks so cool!! I'd like to try it out but I dont know how to start ..:th
I recommend you read online about various belief systems and decide what resonates with you before buying books. Wicca, Druidism, Heathenism, the Celts. All have different pantheons and belief systems. There are even differences in Heathenry. Some are Norse, others are Anglo Saxon, and so on. Read the oldest sources you can find, there is a LOT of misinformation out there. Try the library and borrow before you buy also.

I appreciate these comments about witchcraft and I also think they apply to things like theosophy and religious pluralism. I think there are commonalities across most spiritual pursuits. I believe the world would be a better place if we demonstrated more tolerance and flexibility in our thinking and judgements -- and if we respected ancestral knowledge and re-learned to listen and trust our intuition.
Yes, this exactly, IMO.

I have close friends who are Christian. Another who is atheist. We all get together and enjoy each other's company. When we have a meal, one of my Christian friends will ask a blessing. We are all silent, bow our heads, close our eyes. I am fine with the blessing he asks; I give thanks in my heart and mind for the time we have together, the friendship, the meal; I ask for health and safe travels for everyone.

Personnaly, I think the idea, the concept, of God or Gods or gods can fit into many different beliefs. What resonates with your heart and soul might not resonate with mine, and vice versa. We are all finding our way here. Your path might be the same as mine, might cross it, might run parallel, might not do any of those. You walk your path, I'll walk mine. We can still wave and say, "How are you today?"

Personnaly, I think the idea, the concept, of God or Gods or gods can fit into many different beliefs. What resonates with your heart and soul might not resonate with mine, and vice versa. We are all finding our way here. Your path might be the same as mine, might cross it, might run parallel, might not do any of those. You walk your path, I'll walk mine. We can still wave and say, "How are you today?".
I could've have said that better.. 👍
If your ears start ringing at some point I probably quoted this...

Or just turn down your music. 🤪

Back
Top Bottom