Witchcraft thread

Pics
Plus then I also think that why would I want to bring kids into this world.
When I was still at home, the local minister (a young guy, married, no kids) would occasionally stop by to talk to my mom. She told me that she asked him why they didn't have any children (my mom could be blunt on occasion). The minister said that he and his wife didn't think this was a very good world to raise children in. My mom told me that she thought that did not speak well of the man's faith. I had to agree.

Well, like you said, yes I am young; And currently I would never want kids in the future.
Though, can I speak for the future? No :p
I might change my mind, I might not
From experience, I didn't want them and I regret it now that I'm getting to old to have them.

Puberty is not fun. It's exhausting mentally but it gets better once you make it through life's crucible. It'll just become background noise eventually as you learn to navigate it better.

This is my opinion/experience about having kids.

I knew from about age 12 (before I even started having periods) that I did NOT want to have kids. A friend of mine in school told me, in a very matter-of-fact voice, "Oh, you'll change your mind." Sometimes I think I didn't to spite her.

No, not really. I KNEW I did not want to have kids. I did a lot of baby sitting during high school, and had great kids to watch, and not-so-great kids. I told my mom that I hoped she'd be happy with the grandkids she got from my sister and brother, as I wasn't having any. She said, wistfully, "Oh, but you could have a little girl like Stephanie..." (one of the sweet kids I watched). I answered, "Yeah, and I could have a little boy like Mike (my psychopath cousin). She answered, "Good point," and never mentioned having kids to me again.

[This cousin is a whole 'nother topic; suffice to say that I am truly glad he does not walk this Earth anymore.]

I knew from an early age that I wanted to have a career, and that was more important to me than having kids. As I told people, "You can get a divorce. You can surrender a pet if that relationship isn't working. What happens if you have a 3 year old child and realize that having kids was a mistake?"

"Hey, I thought you had a toddler! What happened?"

"Oh, we weren't getting along, so we split up." Society would not look kindly on that.

I've had a coworker say, "You're just too selfish, that's why you don't want kids."

I looked her in the eye and said, "Yeah, but at least I know that about myself and didn't have a kid that I didn't really want!"

Another one said, "What are you gonna do when you're 45 and get lonely?"

I said, "I'll get another dog."

I do NOT think having children is a requirement for someone to "be fulfilled."

Sorry if this is a rant, but I have been on the receiving end of scorn for "being too selfish, being less of a woman," for not having kids.
I don’t think you’re selfish at all and being scorned for not wanting kids is dumb. Why do people have to be so judgmental? You knew you didn’t want them and that was right for you.

My only regret is that this world is going to hell in a handbasket and my kids and grandkids are going to inherit it. Also, now that they’re not babies, I don’t care for babies or toddlers at all. I loved mine, but that doesn’t extend to the rest of the world I guess.

My only regret is that this world is going to hell in a handbasket and my kids and grandkids are going to inherit it.
I know every generation thinks this, but I feel it's "truer" this time. I actually told one of the young people I work with that I was sorry about the mess my generation was leaving for his.

Yeah that's fair,
The current reasons I don't want kids is carbon footprint, and the physical cons + risks
I hear a lot of mothers talk about how dehumanizing it is to have kids so that scares me too, I want to be my own person and not just a mom in other peoples eyes
How is having children dehumanizing? I don’t understand.

Back
Top Bottom