With a cheep-cheep here and a -cheep-cheep-QUACK! Huh?

Amy S

Chirping
7 Years
Mar 18, 2012
Chicago, IL (west suburbs)
First quack has come bright and early this morning from one of my three runners!!!
ya.gif

I didn't see who it was, but I'll catch who the little stinker was sooner or later...lol. It was very faint, and in response to my opening the fridge to get them a goodie....but the spring quack'n has arrived! They are only 20 days old.
cool.png

Anyone else have new quackers? Join! Join!
bun.gif

One of my girls just started making a new noise, and she does it all the time. It actually is pretty cute....This video was taken like a week or so ago but it is the same sound and I originally took the video because I thought it was funny because she sits directly on her butt like a dog!

Yes! TY! That is so similiar to the quack I heard this morning...'cept mine just did it once.

How adorable!!! It seems like your girls quacking coincides with her preening. I used to have cockatielsmany, many years ago...and they would make call when preening.
big_smile.png

I actually heard one of my ducklings grunt/quack this morning. Not sure if it was the Welsh Harlequin, or one of the Swedish. It was more of a grunt....I'm hoping on of them is a boy, because I lost my drake last winter. I don't remember any of the other ducks I've ever had working on their quacks this young (almost a month). It was kinda cute. :)

I loved that video, never heard ducklings make noise like that, guess cause i only have muscovy.. it was adorable especially the way she was sitting.
love.gif

Too cute!!!
love.gif

My two Pekins (about 6 weeks old) are honking all over the place.. which tells me that they are girls, yay! But my 4 week old Mallard and Cayuga are still just kinda cheeping. They might be making other sounds but the two older ones probably drown them out. They are soo noisy if they think I might have food!

Back
Top Bottom