Witty Chicken Coop sign

Mrs.Hoover

In the Brooder
8 Years
Oct 7, 2011
Eaton Rapids, Michigan
I was at the craft store today, and decided I was going to make a sign for my chicken coop. I figured I would just paint "The Coop" on it, but then the thought "hey, I should ask BYC for idea's". Not sure if there is a diffrent place for this topic, I'm new here, so bear with me while I figure things out.
smile.png

The Chicken House
Manure Factory
Chicken Seed Supply Store
Omlette Station
Bok Bok BACKOOOCK (chicken speak for "an egg look here!")
This little Farm House
Deposit Treats Here
Only Spoiled Chickens alowed
Super Broiler Hide Out
Egg Bank of __________(insert name of your street, county or town)

Just a few thoughts.
We call ours "The Chicken House" not very inventive, but we have to paint still. Maybe that will change the name.
Happy Signage

frow.gif
Give us a few more details. Location, breed of chickens, and so forth.

My coop is "Chez Poulet.". I commissioned a beautiful painted sign from a BYCer over a year ago.... A nice fat RIR and BO hen with three eggs , and the words, are painted on old barn siding wood.

For another coop, the sign is "Gallinas Lindas" which is a play on the Spanish word for cute or pretty, as it relates to my name. So my hens are pretty AND they belong to me.

And then I have a "ranch" sign out of cut metal, saying, "Olmstead Homestead."

Farm in Michigan, the chickens are a hobby- Currently have silkies, black austrolop and rhode Island red mix..Would like to add some Cochins, Frizzles and maybe Old english game.

Hey , Lve the sign thing. Losts of folks here on BYC do it. Our new coop for bantams will be "Bantam Bungalow". Our other coop is the " hen Haven". Here is pic of sign I made. Erik

69010_new_chicks_003.jpg

Fireguy, I think you need to change the one in the picture to Hen Hilton! That can't be a coop, if so I give you props, and an open invite to come build me one.
big_smile.png

Thanks for the idea's, Keep them coming..I may just have to switch out signs every week, hahaha.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom