wives/fiances/girlfriends: any advice for getting my BF to finish coop

Slap some shingle onto the coop upside down do it bad on purpose and start on top, play blonde dont make dinner or lunch. If he asks why he didnt get no food, tell him you were too busy doing his job.

i love you guys!!! you manage to give advice and crack me up at the same time!!

i'll try some tactics today when i get done with classes. let you know how it goes.

Yeah--maybe you should ask men how you should handle this??? Maybe not
big_smile.png

If it was me I would finish it myself, after my husband had his radiation and leg surgery he just cant always do what I ask of him......... so I take it upon myself and it urks him to no end so he will come and help. Sometimes you have to be sneaky
lau.gif

NewChickenMom,

Wow, I really feel for you. I work 10-12 hours a day, come home and do as much outside chores as I can and then come in and even do dishes or wash clothes for my "stay-at-home" wife.

But no matter what I do, I never seem to get any appreciation out of her for my efforts. I'm not complaining, just letting you know that not all men are like that. I personally hate to be lazy and love to work around the property even when it's 20 degrees outside.

I can tell you though, I would hate it if I was nagged about things.

All I can say is find some way to make it look like it was his idea and that it is important. He also needs to know that the deed is appreciated.

Michael

Quote:
wink.png
You can come to my house any time, I will give you appreciation if you fix my coop and do dishes and laundry and such!!!! WOWO she needs a good smacking!
smack.gif
Wake up SISTER!!! We appreciate your effort for your "stay-at-home" wife!!!
thumbsup.gif

I wish I could tell you, We have been working on my coop since spring.. Coop is finished (took over five months) but the run isn't... I have decided that Sat., I will dig the holes myself--we have sand and I have done it before. It will not be what he 'thinks' should be done but at this point I really don't care. He will be hunting and I will try to get all the holes dug, get the post set and cemented in... When he comes home he will be angry, will pout because it isn't right... But I figure if the hens won't complain about it, NEITHER should he...

Good luck Dixie

Michael, you need to offer classes for most of the men I know..

Last edited:
Ooooh, I forgot the Other Way to get things done.

When my husband is being really clueless/bad about helping me, I call one of our good friends (single male) who will always come to my rescue as he and I have been fast friends for MANY years. Single guys will sometimes work for a really great home-cooked meal.

Anyway, that always gives my DH the worst, worst guilt trip EVER. Either way, things get done and I can just tell DH, "Well, you were too busy so I called Mr. X."

That usually sets DH's priorities back into order for the next year or so.

Back
Top Bottom