WK #3

Pics
I did not weigh them, bc they were shipped eggs already 4 days old on arrival. I read about a formula to use when wt isn't ideal option, but general concensus was to just candle them. I did mark the air cell on arrival but have not continued doing so. Are you seeing a concern?
Nope, just another tool to use to monitor progress.

Attachments

• 899945_orig.gif
    899945_orig.gif
    3.6 KB · Views: 2
Ok- I fiddled with shading and then attached with original. They look so different from last time -am I looking at blood? These are the two I said seemed sluggisg earlier compared to others. Now the others seem sluggish compared to this a.m so I don't know if that means I'm losing them all or embryos rest. 🤷‍♀️ 20200718_230446.jpg

Attachments

• 20200718_230215.jpg
    20200718_230215.jpg
    334.4 KB · Views: 2
Ok- I fiddled with shading and then attached with original. They look so different from last time -am I looking at blood? These are the two I said seemed sluggisg earlier compared to others. Now the others seem sluggish compared to this a.m so I don't know if that means I'm losing them all or embryos rest. 🤷‍♀️View attachment 2251501
Guinea eggs candle oddly, so I just judge whether it’s developing, and then whether it’s mostly filled the shell by about Day 22. I often see movement - but not always. And I often see streaky vessels that could be blood rings on a chick embryo, but is usually not worrisome for a guinea. Don’t stress!

I keep very general track of the aircell size and don’t make humidity adjustments unless there are obvious problems. You’ll need to adjust that chart that Southwind shared for the longer incubation time of guineas vs chickens.
Yea I showed that pic to my two broody hens when they were sitting on the eggs and they said the same thing :rolleyes:

Yes, I walked away from it after getting the pics. Total darkness may make candling easier but doesn't do much for photo glare. A-E present and counted for immediately this a.m. F not quite so obvious but can see that heart is beating so🤞 Just going to leave them alone for a few days.
I mentioned Blu last night. I have noticed he's become more assertive. Not aggressive, just not as timid. He never would have dared get on Nugget's feeder shelf before, now he kind of claims it,& Nugget doesn't squabble abt it as he used to. I take it that's as R2Elk said, changing dynamics of hierarchy. That's the logical theory.
Illogical is thinking Blu has decided,"my toes have been pecked, one amputated,my eyeball got pecked, and now my buddy is gone. I'm going rogue!!" Lol. Mb he'll go Alexander Hamilton on us and take his shot w/Rosie. He has such a great disposition it wld be great to pass that on.

2 week mark. Everyone is dancing in their shells except this guy. Think he quit abt 5 days ago. Pitch?
I have to rescind my comment regarding snacks. A rabbit has destroyed the cabbage patch, so I put 4 tiny heads in the run which they have completely eaten. Tiny as in abt an inch in diameter. 20200723_110728.jpg 20200723_102448.jpg

2 week mark. Everyone is dancing in their shells except this guy. Think he quit abt 5 days ago. Pitch?
I have to rescind my comment regarding snacks. A rabbit has destroyed the cabbage patch, so I put 4 tiny heads in the run which they have completely eaten. Tiny as in abt an inch in diameter.View attachment 2258416View attachment 2258418
I am very conservative about tossing quitters, but that’s jus me. It’s your call!

Back
Top Bottom