Wm from NC

Wm from NC

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 14, 2014
Hello guys and gals, I'm a newbie from western North Carolina. I have just started my "chicken life". I have four New Hampshire hens and one New Hampshire rooster. My Dad had chickens, when I was a youngster, but I didn't get the bug until a few weeks ago. I built my chicken hotel myself and my wife thought I had gone off the deep end. She has now named each chicken and spends hours every day just watching them. We found this place before we got our chickens, and learned quite a lot. I may not be able to answer many questions, but will probably ask quite a few. Thanks for allowing me to join you. I go by the name Wm from NC

images

Hello WM and welcome to BYC!

Sounds like you and the wife are really enjoying your flock! Chickens really are fun to sit and watch. Once they get under your skin, they really know how to get deep into your soul.

If you have any questions about anything, feel free to ask. So pull up a roost bar and make yourself at home. Welcome to our flock!

welcome-byc.gif
Good luck with your poultry raising adventures, and I hope you find everything you need to know. Don't forget to take a look at BYC's very useful learning center (If you haven't already)! The learning center as well as the forum should answer your questions! Glad to have you here! See you around with the flock.

Thanks for all of the welcomes. We've had our chickens for a couple of weeks now, and of course my wife has all of them named. Our rooster, for obvious reasons, she named Studly. It fits him to a tee. We have only one hen that is laying regularly, but hope they will all start soon. We may as well throw away our television, except during the time my wife's SOAPS are on. She gets to spend more time with them than I do, because at age 72 I am still working. She is only 57, and facing knee surgery next month. Hopefully this won't keep her down too long. I figure that I will have to get her to the coop every morning, before work and bring her back inside after I get back home.

Hi wm and welcome. Ive had multiple knee surgeries. Ur wife will most likely be in physical therapy 3 times a week. What type of surgery in her knee is she having? I had ligament surgeries (which arent bad) and total knee replacement (pretty rough but bearable)

Back
Top Bottom