Wobble??? ! Chirp!!!! HATCH!!!!! Pics!

This may not go over well but if those eggs were mine and I was at day 18 with some hatching, I'd start doing assists now. Crack open the tops so they can at least start breathing the outside air.

I am not suggesting this, merely saying it's what I would do, and have done.

Pullin here for ya Saddi!!!

Quote:
I've considered it. So far the first made it out mostly on his own (I had to crack it during a heat spike and he shot his head out) I kept an eye on his membraine not drying out since humidity dipped during the venting. There's 3 more eggs pipped and temps are good, so I'm hoping the rest will work thier way out. I'm letting the boys stay up late to watch.

30078_chicka.jpg

30078_chick.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry for grainy photos, the bator light was off and I used hubby's phone, I'll have proper pics tomorrow.

Once you open the bator you will never recover from the humidity loss. The assistes that I've had the most help with were done in multiple steps. The first time is just helping get the head out so it can breathe. The second is helping enough so the chicks head and wings are out but the back, where any remaining yolk may be, is still in the egg. The final step is complete shell removal.

I've had good assist results when I space each step out by 8 hours.

That may be plan B, I've got humidity back to 60% (put a cup of steamy water in there), and the rest seem to be okay, but i'm expecting to need to midwife during the night.

Hubby being the wonderful man he is, went down to the corner and brought me back a giant soda and latte.
big_smile.png

Quail #1 is a brown, the pharoh pattern.

Last edited:
Baby 2 is out, also a pharoh chick (I think, hubby told me to let him sleep already!) I didn't even see that egg pipped, so at least 4 more working thier way out.

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Quote:
Can't... hubby brought home a giant latte and a 46oz diet coke... and I have ZERO self control when it comes to caffine.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom