Wobbling Chicken from hatchery.

Caralemasters

In the Brooder
Sep 5, 2020
I brought three chicks home from the hatchery. Picked them up, 1 hour drive home. One is wobbling around struggling to walk, little wings hang, and wont open her eyes. Gave her aome water and let her rest under the heat lamp. Anything else I can do for her? Lady I got her from said she was fine when she gave her ti me, all I did was bring them home.

It could be stress from the drive, definitely continue trying to get her to drink then eat, trying a little food mixed with water to make a mash sometimes helps, they seem to really like the mash. You are doing fine, talk to her quietly and soothingly. Do what Wyorp Rock said and get some pics of her for us also.

Can you post some photos of her and her poop?

How old is she?

I'd continue to try to get her hydrated, once drinking, see if she will eat a little chick starter.
She died this morning I only had her for 10 hours before she died. I have had only two sick chicks, one I took from some idiot who bought one chick because they thought she was cute. Two days no heat lamp, and this one. I am finding I dont do well with the sick chicks. Afrer this batch I will leave my hens to do the raising.

She died this morning I only had her for 10 hours before she died. I have had only two sick chicks, one I took from some idiot who bought one chick because they thought she was cute. Two days no heat lamp, and this one. I am finding I dont do well with the sick chicks. Afrer this batch I will leave my hens to do the raising.
:hugs I'm sorry.

Sadly it's the way of the world today everything is disposable or replaceble and when you've got a good deal of the population applying that convenience to living things like they do paper plates it is truly infuriating.
Yes it is. Really upsets me that babies suffer because of others neglect. It is not ok. Poor little things.

Im going through this same ordeal except with ten because someone had chicks shipped but didn't actually pick them up.
They were going on day four sitting in a post office.
Nobody has died so far but I can attest that caring for poorly chicks is for the birds...literally.
Just a note. I made a friend who saves 100 of chicks a year because the hatchery business in CO his appaling. Anyway she said seedless watermelon is a life saver. She said she has saves 100 of six chickens and chicks and swears by it. My babies seem to love it and the two left I brought home seem to be doing well.

Back
Top Bottom