Wobbling Chicken from hatchery.

someone had chicks shipped but didn't actually pick them up.

I wonder if what happened to me happened to them -- there was a typo in the phone number on my box.

Fortunately, the route carrier was in the sorting area and, being a personal friend of my SIL, she called my SIL and my SIL called me.

Though if I hadn't gotten a call by noon on the day I was expecting them I'd have called the post office.

I wonder if what happened to me happened to them -- there was a typo in the phone number on my box.

Fortunately, the route carrier was in the sorting area and, being a personal friend of my SIL, she called my SIL and my SIL called me.

Though if I hadn't gotten a call by noon on the day I was expecting them I'd have called the post office.

P.S. As soon as I got the babies into the brooder I emailed the hatchery in re: the typo and they corrected it in their system.

No after a little prying I found out that they were an impulse buy that a woman had made and didn't remember buying them.
She finally checked her phone messages.:(

No after a little prying I found out that they were an impulse buy that a woman had made and didn't remember buying them.
She finally checked her phone messages.:(

That's just crazy. Does she want them or are you keeping them?

The first thing I've done every time I've ordered chicks was to put notes in my phone's reminder program for a week ahead to make sure the brooder is prepared and the day before I expect them.

They're mine now, she was under the impression if she didn't pick them up they'd just return to sender the box.
She was politely told that's not what happens with live animals.
Some folks just have no idea how anything works outside their heads nor are they interested in finding out.
I'm not upset though, free chickens aren't a bad thing.:)
20220615_160610.jpg

That's just crazy. Does she want them or are you keeping them?

The first thing I've done every time I've ordered chicks was to put notes in my phone's reminder program for a week ahead to make sure the brooder is prepared and the day before I expect them.

Last edited:
They're doing a lot better than I thought they would.
They've calmed down a ton.
I felt so bad for the little boogers, they were ravenous and cold.
I'm like you, prepared like two times sooner than I really have to be when I get chicks .
Set the alert, get the texts on shipping the whole deal.
I do not fool around if kids are in the mail, it's just unthinkable to me.
Definitely NOT!

Back
Top Bottom