Wobbly duckling help!

Jak115

Chirping
May 31, 2020
Elma Washington
I have a Muscovy duckling that's walking like its drunk. its about two weeks old and its the only one out of 8 thats doing it. they get brewers yeast 1.5 table spoons per cup of food.

I dont know whats wrong and i dont want to lose it. i tried to record how it was walking

-7-6-

Songster
Apr 10, 2019
Desert lands
I have a Muscovy duckling that's walking like its drunk. its about two weeks old and its the only one out of 8 thats doing it. they get brewers yeast 1.5 table spoons per cup of food.

I dont know whats wrong and i dont want to lose it. i tried to record how it was walking

I don't know much about muscovies, maybe its just in a clumsy stage?
Your duckling is adorable though!

Jak115

Chirping
May 31, 2020
Elma Washington
Totally forgot I posted this. It turns out to be b3 deficiency, iv given the duckling b complex and is doing a bit better. I though I was giving enough brewers yeast but apparently it wasnt.

CaliFarmsAR

Crowing
Apr 26, 2019

Hey, is your duckling gasping for air? Have they been swimming a lot? What kind of brooder do you have?

CaliFarmsAR

Crowing
Apr 26, 2019
Totally forgot I posted this. It turns out to be b3 deficiency, iv given the duckling b complex and is doing a bit better. I though I was giving enough brewers yeast but apparently it wasnt.
Do is she or he okay?

Jak115

Chirping
May 31, 2020
Elma Washington
It's eating and drinking fine, but it's walking like its drunk and having a hard time staying sternal when laying down.

Isaac 0

Waterfowl Fanatic
Jul 19, 2016
Iowa
A video in clear lighting of the duckling moving around would be great.

For wobbly/weak ducklings, you can drip a few drops of a poultry vitamin along their bill a few times a day, being careful not to aspirate the duckling. In addition, you can offer mashed scrambled egg's or a soupy feed. Ensuring the duckling is getting enough feed, and water is vital, as well as making sure the duckling is kept adequately warm.

Top Bottom