Wobbly duckling help!

Jak115

Songster
May 31, 2020
Elma Washington
I have a Muscovy duckling that's walking like its drunk. its about two weeks old and its the only one out of 8 thats doing it. they get brewers yeast 1.5 table spoons per cup of food.

I dont know whats wrong and i dont want to lose it. i tried to record how it was walking

I have a Muscovy duckling that's walking like its drunk. its about two weeks old and its the only one out of 8 thats doing it. they get brewers yeast 1.5 table spoons per cup of food.

I dont know whats wrong and i dont want to lose it. i tried to record how it was walking

I don't know much about muscovies, maybe its just in a clumsy stage?
Your duckling is adorable though!

Hey, is your duckling gasping for air? Have they been swimming a lot? What kind of brooder do you have?

A video in clear lighting of the duckling moving around would be great.

For wobbly/weak ducklings, you can drip a few drops of a poultry vitamin along their bill a few times a day, being careful not to aspirate the duckling. In addition, you can offer mashed scrambled egg's or a soupy feed. Ensuring the duckling is getting enough feed, and water is vital, as well as making sure the duckling is kept adequately warm.

Back
Top Bottom