Wobbly Duckling

aimz127

Chirping
Sep 8, 2021
Central Michigan
Hi all, I could use some help with one of my Khaki ducklings.

I have four ~5 weeks old, all of them are growing like weeds, eating, drinking, etc. But one has a mark on their neck (like a bald spot, or a possible trauma injury) and has some balance issues. Sometimes (like 1 day a week, 2-3 times that day) it's belly up because it lost balance. I've watched it to see how that happens and when the duckling preens it gets too far to one side and rolls over stuck. Sometimes it'll rock back on it's haunches too if it's wobbly, but doesn't always fall over.

All of the ducklings are on flock raiser and getting extra niacin (1 100mg tab per cup of feed + plus and extra tab on top of the food dish) and electrolytes in their water plus greens/peas for snacks.

Is there anything I can do to prevent them falling over? The ducklings are currently in my house since they aren't fully feathered yet and it's getting colder, so I check them several times a day. They get water time if it's warm enough to fill a tray for them outside or I have a chance to put them in the tub.

Does this little one need more bath time to build strength? Is there some other supplement I should add to their feed?

Back
Top Bottom