Wobbly pullet with white comb (video)

mrjoemomma

In the Brooder
6 Years
Feb 24, 2013
Just picked up some new pullets today. They are suppose to be black stars. This one is very light and a bit wobbly on her feet. Her comb and face is white too. Should I be concerned? Should I deworm them? If so with what? Two are sneezing too. Thanks in advance. [VIDEO][/VIDEO]
They were not kept in the best conditions and smell pretty bad. Can I wash them? Close up of the comb

Last edited:
Ruffled feathers, loss of appetite, birds act cold, droopy, combs get pale, they lose weight, droppings can be watery, pasty, bloody, light brown to yellow, are all symptoms of coccidiosis. Hopefully it isn't advanced beyond treatment, and the bird is still drinking on its own.

Corid 9.6% liquid is 2 tsp per gallon of water. Corid 20% powder is 1 tsp per gallon of water. Make a fresh solution of either first thing every morning for 5 days. Keep a daily update on this thread of how the bird is doing during treatment. I'll help best I can along the way. Separate the bird if it is weak to the point of other birds picking on her. The sneezing could be secondary infection from stress.

Last edited:
Yes, enola stated correctly. Like I said, keep us posted during the 5 days of treatment because there's some follow up to it. Good luck to you and your your pullets. How old are they? Encourage eating just their balanced feed ration right now with the treated water. Make sure feeders are clean and dry and waterers are clean. Make sure there are no stagnant water puddles in the yard they could be drinking from. Give fresh feed every morning. Be sure to watch the one sickly pullet to ensure it is eating and drinking on its own.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom