Wobbly rooster

NevadaSilk

Chirping
12 Years
May 18, 2011
So tonight when I went out to feed everyone my rooster was acting kinda funny. He was eating and drinking perfectly fine and feelin' frisky with his girls. However, when he tries to walk and eat he gets wobbly and kind of off balance. He hopped up on the perch and seemed ok until he tried to step over one of his girls....he fell off. He got right back up and seemed ok. I just don't know what's going on. He's a little over a year old. Eats some layer feed, chicken scratch, fresh veggies and fruit. Water was just changed yesterday. He isn't around any other chickens other than his hens, really. He stays in the coop. Neighbor has chickens but they don't mingle as she free ranges and mine stay cooped. No one else is acting funny at all.

Any ideas what this may be? Unfortunately I'm going out of town tomorrow morning and my neighbor will be feeding them. I'm hoping he does ok through the weekend.

poor guy.
prayers coming his way.
fl.gif

Well, prayers worked. Got back into town tonight and Mocha is all better! Not sure what happened but he was back to his normal non-wobbly self. Maybe he just had a lil too much to drink friday night!

Back
Top Bottom