wolf spiders!

Ours were coming from a ceiling fan, vacuumed that out and they were mostly gone.

My friend splurged on a real, live christmas tree for her first romantic christmas with her new husband; they woke up to MILLIONS of praying mantis babies EVERYWHERE even clinging to the ceilings! Would that be better, or worse than giant wolf spiders,
hu.gif

6chickens in St. Charles :

Ours were coming from a ceiling fan, vacuumed that out and they were mostly gone.

My friend splurged on a real, live christmas tree for her first romantic christmas with her new husband; they woke up to MILLIONS of praying mantis babies EVERYWHERE even clinging to the ceilings! Would that be better, or worse than giant wolf spiders,
hu.gif

I know I would personally LOVE it! I love mantids! I would gather them up and keep them 'til spring, the ones that didn't eat eachother, that is. Lots of people keep exotic mantids, like the orchid mantis, as 'pets'.
orchid-mantis.jpg

Last edited:
6chickens in St. Charles :

hu.gif

Definitely prefer the mantis. At least they kill and eat the other creepy crawlies. I remember reading somewhere that, in some countries, people keep the mantis in their house to kill some type of venomous spider they have. I'll have to look that back up again.​

Quote:
Oh no you DIDN'T just say that!
ep.gif
I don't know why I look at these spider threads! I'm already feeling like things are crawling on me and now I'm going to KNOW there's things crawling on me all night!

And yes, I'd rather have the baby mantis, don't mind them at all, don't know how I'd feel about a bazillion of them though! But better then a million baby spiders!

Quote:
I can NOT turn out the lights if I've seen a spider on the ceiling. I know for a fact it will drop on me while I sleep!
hide.gif
Hubby gets woken and he MUST dispatch it (wad of toilet paper, squeeze, flush
sickbyc.gif
)

Deb

I hate those things - nothing freaks me out more except maybe cocroaches.

One nearly caused an accident on I-90 last year. I grabbed a lightweight sweat jacket from my closet that had not been worn in a few years and tossed it on as I was running out the door. A few minutes later I was heading down the mountain towards Seattle at 75 mph when I felt something crawling down my arm. I reached over and felt a lump under the cloth. Thinking it must be one of those loops of string that manufacturers put in clothes to keep them from slipping off hangers, I reached in to my sleeve to straighten it out and pulled out a giant wof spider!

I was screaming and was trying to rip the sweatshirt off, but the seatbelt was in the way, and my car was bouncing all over the road, I nearly flipped it! Thank goodness no one else was on the road! I pulled over at the next exit just to compose myself enough to drive.

Back
Top Bottom