wolf spiders!

watchdogps

Songster
8 Years
Jun 4, 2011
Central Ohio
This is in my HOUSE! We have killed a dozen in the last three days! Big, nasty wof spiders! Any suggestions for getting rid of them? We don't like pesticides, so natural repellents preferred.

Its a rental house, pretty sure shotgun holes would cost us our deposit. I can sqish them fine with a shoe, but that means they have to come out. I want them to just leave!

I keep vacuuming them. We have a house on a lake and those things are HUGE and scary looking! You must've had a nest nearby. Good luck! Maybe let the chickens run about inside the house? Mine ate up every one they could reach outside.

Check her out. She had huge pile of babies in that nest.
98707_0826111435a.jpg

I would be terrified. OMG I am such a big baby about spiders around the house. It is hugely ironic since I LOVE tarantulas like Chilean Rosehairs. They're big, slow, mellow, don't bite, and I KNOW I won't find one under my sheets at night to nibble my toes..

Spiders...under..sheets *faints*

p.s. I watched one of our month olds roust a fairly large grass spider. Oh, it was such fun chasing it and pecking at it, until it turned the tables and wrapped its legs around my girl's head. You never heard such a fit in your life! She squeeled like... well, like a little girl and slammed her head back and forth on the ground until the spider let go! Then, the chase was on again. I don't have to tell you the fate of that spider among 21 of my girls!

I believe it's breeding season for them and they are looking for mates.
I rented a house a couple decades ago that was overrun with them. I had no idea what they were, so I called an extermintion co. and told them about the tarantulas (in Seattle).
roll.png

When they stopped laughing they said they'd be gone in a few weeks or I could pay for them to come out and treat the house.

Imp

Back
Top Bottom