Woman's equivalent to the Man Cave?

Quote:
A room that we can go into without pestering kids and annoying husbands, somewhere we can go aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!

Throw all those in the man cave and have the door lock on the OUTSIDE?

lau.gif

Quote:
A room that we can go into without pestering kids and annoying husbands, somewhere we can go aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!

Throw all those in the man cave and have the door lock on the OUTSIDE?

thumbsup.gif

I'm just saying... I've been known to tell my kids to either go outside and play or sit down, be quiet and leave me alone. They've turned out pretty much ok. Usually.

Quote:
Correct!

I told dear love if he builds a man cave I get a woman cave. He wants a shop I want an art/sewing room. The irony is I will end up using his shop a lot, and he will end up using my art/sewing room a lot. (I like to build things and he likes sewing things like costumes for himself and his friends. he is really talented at it.)

Wow! so Many ideas...

Ok, I'm not too sure what will go in there. I can start with what will NOT go in there: all the c - rap that doesn't get put away somewhere else. The bills and paperwork and files of daily living, piles of off-season clothing, oddball furniture...all starting to pile up in there.

And, if I start putting things like sewing machine, dremel station, file cabinets, computer - it becomes a work room and not, as a man cave is, a place of relaxing and removal from the daily grind of responsibility. I sure could use a dedicated work room/craft room though!

Zen Den? Lady Lair?

The problem is, after 20 years of all males - DH, boys, boy scouts, a job in a male dominated career, more college, etc... - I don't know WHAT to do just for myself. Seriously. Um, I could put some plants and a meditation mat. A little cd player with headphones for MY music (which I have found lately, and is not what the rest listen to - particularly at the volume I find needed). A really comfy chair and bookcases.

Like the Man Cave, it will double duty a fold out futon bed. We did agree the Man Cave would not be a storage area except for the man's album/music collection (over 2,000 albums - was afraid the ceiling would come down) and a light free weight set, the tv and supporting equipment. And, the beer frig.

As far as a shop - that is half the garage, which we ALL use often.
Hmmm.

The ideas you all have are great! Thank you

Back
Top Bottom