1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Won my first assorted Greenfire Farms auction! Woohoo!

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by brideofchaos, Nov 22, 2015.

1. brideofchaos

brideofchaos Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2015
    Edgewood, NM
    Here's what was shipped today! I'm SOOOOOO tickled!

Black Copper Marans, Niederrheinner, Malines, Pavlovskaya, Twentse and Swedish Black Hens! :) I soooo hope they do another assorted auction. Can't wait to see the little fuzzy butts tomorrow or Wednesday. :)

2. Bridebeliever

Bridebeliever Chillin' With My Peeps

Somehow I thought this was a hatching eggs auction! Chicks are arriving!?! Toooo cool. Do post pictures. Was it very expensive if you don't mind me asking?

3. brideofchaos

May 2, 2015
    Edgewood, NM
    I got very lucky on this auction...they run these assorted specials fairly regularly and they can close at anywhere between 110 and 200 bucks, plus $35 shipping. But they are MORE than worth anything we pay for them.

4. Bridebeliever

How many are you getting?

5. brideofchaos

May 2, 2015
    Edgewood, NM
    I got 2 Black Copper Marans, 2 White Pavlovskaya, 3 Lemon Cuckoo Neiderrheiner, 2 Swedish Black Hens, 3 Malines, 2 Twentse. I won an auction for 12, they sent 15 and I only lost one (Neiderrheiner). We thought we had lost 3 more, but were able to revive them with warmth, electrolytes and love. [​IMG]

We are so tickled with the variety that we got and hope they do another assorted auction soon. Have another batch of rares coming from Brinkhaven Acres next week that we won on the same site. Am FINALLY getting some Legbars and Bielefelders! [​IMG]

6. Bridebeliever

Yay! Pictures?

7. brideofchaos

May 2, 2015
    Edgewood, NM
    This is all I have so far...will post some as they feather and as I'm able to get the Grogel off the little bugger who arrived stuck in it. lol
    [​IMG]

8. Bridebeliever

LOL...well I'll be waiting!

9. Purpletie3

Purpletie3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2014
    Upstate NY...
    How are your little chicks doing for you? I love my rare assortment from GFF. It started me raising breeds I had not even considered before...Light sussex, isbar, barbezieux and one what I think is an Orust. They are all close to a year now. Pretty cool breeds they carry. Post some pics!

10. realsis

realsis Crazy for Silkies

Jan 17, 2013
    California
    May I ask are they straight run or confirmed females? I know some unusual breeds are difficult to sex while young so I was wondering. or does it depend on what you bid on?I know some rare breeds are only sold straight run so I was curious? They sure are cute♡♡♡ Congratulations!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by