Wonder what I would get if........

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by lockedhearts, Aug 22, 2008.

1. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    I crossed mt Mottled Houdan Rooster on a Cochin/Orpington Cross ?????? It would either be really cute [​IMG] or so [​IMG] only a mother could love it.

I am seriously thinking about trying.......[​IMG]

2. Anne

Anne Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2007
    Bellingham, WA
    I say do it... you'd probably get a variety of different looks in the offspring... some cute and some not-so-much.

3. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    If you do it let us know what happens and please post pics [​IMG]

4. Kev

Kev Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2008
    Sun City, California
    What color is the cochin/orp?

The offspring likely have 5 toes, black with some color bleeding thru(more or less like Black Star would not be a surprise), some with feathering on legs some not, all have a small crest.

Kind of more or less like every cross between a crested breed and a non crested. Except this probably will produce large- largish birds as adults.

No mottling in the cross chicks.

5. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    The "Orchins" honestly look like you took a buff orp head and stuck it on a cochin body [​IMG]
    Their heads are Buff and bodies are black. I have a cockerel and Pullet. The Cockerel has some gold lacing in some of his feathers. The pulet is seriously two halves stuck together. They have feathers on their legs/feet just not as heavy as a cochin.
    I posted pics in the post on crosses. Their is a post somewhere with my Houdan "Larry" in it, he would be the one I would keep.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by