wondering if it will work... UPDATE, candling

well all is well today.....good temp, still not sure on my hygrometer. just waiting...and waiting...oh geez, its only day 5!!!!

Wonderful looking "mini bator"!!!

For help with my humidity, I use tall glass bowls (actually pampered chef) of water. They are tall enough chicks can't get to the open water after they are born, but with 1 while incubating and 4 while hatching, I'm able to keep humidity up. I do have to "top off" the water every day or so.

I candled them today, day 6, and I got one for sure fertile egg --looks like a little spider inside with an air sac, another has air sac and a dark spot-don't know on that one, and two are clear
sad.png

here's a pic of the for sure one, may not be very clear...
16761_egg2.jpg

and here's the one i'm not sure of, and this pic looks just like what i see with my own eyes--just a black blob in the middle
16761_egg1.jpg

what do u think?

DON"T toss em until they get to stinking or something...sometimes they look clear and they are not at all! I have had that happen and a little duckie hatches from the one I thougth was clear!

oh man....I am a little worried today.........my son came home from grandmas and wanted to see the eggs candled, so i took out the one that was fertile for sure. It was wierd looking, like kind of floaty in the egg, and it wasn't any different in size than yesterday. I hope my son's little heart isn't crushed if they r all bad! Of course I already know what he'll do.....he'll ask for a pet mouse! darn it

Seriously...don't stress!
wink.png
When you candle them, try not to turn the egg or roll it. It can hurt the embryo and the network of veins in there... It'll be okay...really
hugs.gif

OMG! It's growing...I was sure it was a gonner, but no, it's like doubled in size overnight(the fetus). The other three all look the same still

Back
Top Bottom