woo hoo... EGGS!!

lovesduckies

Bedroom Farm Inc.
10 Years
Jan 11, 2010
the ducky room
i hope/think my Quackers aka Quack Quack went broody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i woke up this morning and she wanted out of the pen. i went down stairs to get something to drink, then got in the shower. when i came back into my room, she was in her box she likes to play in. she's been laying in there!!!!! she came up for a few minutes to say hi to her hubby, then disappreared again. aweee i'm excited. i hope she isn't getting my hopes up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
HHHMMM..she is the same age as one of my Indian Runners who is starting to act a little different. She is definitely more interested in the boys lately and looks to be getting an egg belly... Any day now I hope too.... I have read that Muscovy are slower to mature than other ducks...but you are heading into laying season whereas weather here is starting to cool down. You might be right- she may have been getting an urge to start organising herself a nest.

she laid an egg, but it broke.

i am going to get her some egg suppliments.

i am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! these are my first ducks, so my first eggs lol.

love.gif
pop.gif
wee.gif
clap.gif
ya.gif
woot.gif
tongue2.gif
jumpy.gif

Congratulations....... I am so happy for you and your duckies.. how exciting... Good to see you recognised her behaviour..Maybe you could try to put somethig that looks like an egg into that box... and she might lay some eggs in there once she gets the hang if it.

yeah that's a good idea. i was going to put some eggs from the fridge in there lol. i am going to get her suppliments tomorrow
smile.png

I AM SOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom