Woo hoo! Finally got my chickens!

ElleninDublin

Songster
10 Years
Sep 9, 2009
Eugene, OR
I finally have some chickens! My first ever! ...I feel like I need to be out sleeping by the chicken coop!
big_smile.png

I'm getting my chickens in increments...2 today...1 silkie Roo, & 1 silkie hen...they are about 3-4 months old. Then on Tues, I'll be getting a beautiful Wyandotte roo and a hen, both are about 6-7 mos old. They've all been raised together, and then there is one baby chick that I'll get in a few weeks. I'm so excited to finally get going on this dream to have chickens!

Grats !! You're in for one of the greatest simple pleasures in life. It's what soap operas can only strive for. Even the stuff that doesn't make it to these forums would be a month long mini epic. Hope I didn't come across too biased....
big_smile.png

Thanks, all! When I went out to check on them first thing this am...they were sitting in the rain totally drenched! I don't think they realized there was a dry end of the coop! They are silkies, so they look pretty pathetic, but I dryed them off and they were fine. They literally brought me to tears (of joy) just watching them!

Back
Top Bottom