WOO HOO!! First egg(s)

roverjohn

Chirping
9 Years
Apr 7, 2010
KCMO
Nine girls.
6@ 18.5weeks(3-Golden Comets & three Amber Links) and 3@ 17.5 weeks( 1 each BR, WR and Red Star)
Checked on them at lunch and found three nice little eggs and all the girls squawking. Probably one small and two mediums.
I'm guessing I'm somewhere around $100/egg at this point but it's a start.

yippiechickie.gif
Congrats! I got my first one today too! It is so tiny compared to store bought ones, but so worth the wait!

$100/egg?? I'm not familiar with the breeds you listed...are you planning to sell them and really at that price? I think we paid $1 a piece for our chicks (RIR, GLW, BPR). I wasn't sure if you were joking or serious since I am unfamiliar with the breeds and I know some are expensive. If you can sell them for $100 and you got this many already...good for you! I think I'll quit my day job....
smile.png

Got it...boy...what was I thinking? Our eggs started pretty small as well and I heard they get bigger as the hens produce more and more eggs. It's been about a month now and ours are finally starting to get out of the "miniature" stage and almost to medium. Your hens should start producing more per day also and then maybe you'll break even by Christmas???? It does end up costing a bit to get started... thanks for clarifying for me gryeyes

Congrats!! The eggs will get bigger!!

I got my 1st egg 6/16/10!! It was from my Gold sex link (comet). She wasnt even 4 months old yet. And was followed by my other Gold sex link about 1 wk later. Its soooooooooo eggggggsiting!!!!!
Im just as eggsited every day when I go out and there are 3 eggs, usually followed later in the day by another 3.
And talk about tiny!!! My cochins eggs are tiny!!
Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom