Woo-hoo! I'm In Lockdown!!! PIC !

Peepinator, Those black & white chicks with the feather legs look like BC Marans babies!! Are they?? Hope mine have that much leg feathers!
wink.png

Gosh, Debbi,

I'm not sure what kind of chicken they are for sure...I thought they were just some sort of Bantam...they're just barn yard surprises! Could be anything...the gal I got them from has a chicken egg farm and also raises turkeys to sell...she had so many chickens running around that place(over a hundred birds she said)...I have no idea what they could be for sure. I hope I don't have a bunch of roos! I tried to look at the wings to see if I could tell what sex they are...but it's hard to tell and some people say that it depends on the breed as to whether that's reliable or not. Heck, I'll just have to wait and see when they get bigger what they are! Good luck on all your little peepers...Yay!
ya.gif

Hope you get a bunch today...excited to see your pics
jumpy.gif
Have a wonderful day
smile.png

I went and took pics of all my chickies woohoo!!

60105_fuzz_butt3.jpg

60105_fuzz_butt4.jpg

60105_fuzz_butt5.jpg

These were all my little black ones that I have moved to the big brooder box!!!
60105_fuzz_butt6.jpg

These were the smallest two and they are so yellow and cute!!!
60105_fuzz_butt7.jpg

I think the one the closest to me in this pic is a roo... not sure though they are so cute!!!
60105_fuzz_butt8.jpg

The black one is the most recent one to hatch and they are both in the what I call fluffing up brooder. The yellow one hatched last night and it has crooked toes I had to make my own splint out of band-aids and hope it will work for it.

Last edited:
OMG they are so cute!!! Congrats! Still nothing here. Peeping still going on, and some scratching too, but no more pips. The pip of this morning looks like it closed??? What the heck is that? Think now I can hear 3 different voices in the choir, so still hoping it goes well. Are those cedar chips you have in the brooder?? Didn't I read somewhere that they are toxic to chicks? Maybe you'd better ask someone who knows more, but seems to me I read that in here somewhere. Seems that Pine chips are what is favored.

wee.gif
Another egg pipped! This one cracked the shell. It's on the correct end, but it is facing away from me, so don't have a good view to see if the beak is out. Things are progressing!!

clap.gif
Yay Debbi!!! Soon there will be babies!!!!
ya.gif
Dusterbd....love the little duck in there with them! Your little black ones look like mine. I've only got one little golden one...not bright yellow...but golden cream color...really light colored. I love to see the pics! Debbi...you're up next
celebrate.gif

"Don't run, you'll scare the chickens"?? Is that from the Wizard of OZ?? My first pipper has started again! Phew, I was thinking the worst had happened there. Hadn't seen or heard anything since about 8 this morning. Now it's flapping that piece of shell like a screen door!
lau.gif

Hey debbi I got the cedar chips because the book my father in law bought on chickens said it was the best for them because the smell is so stronge it keeps alot of the bugs away. I used it with my buffs and my black giants when they were babies and they are now almost two months old with no problems. I don't know though. If it starts giving me problems I will deffinately change them to pine. I have both I just usually use the cedar in the brooder box because its on my front porch and I like it to smell ok versus having a poop smell. Thanks for the tip though I will definately pay closer attention to their behavior with them.

Hey everyone,

I just went into lockdown tonight. I candled a few of the eggs on day 15 and saw some good embryo development so I'm hoping for a decent hatch. This is my first ever and in a homemade bator no less.
lol.png
This is a still-air unit as I didn't have a CPU fan, but aquired one about a week ago. I'm going to make a larger, forced-air unit as this one will only hold about 8 - 10 eggs. I'm hatching some mutt eggs (ISA Brown Hybrid x RSL roo) that I gathered from my current flock. Hoping everyone's hatches go well!!

Back
Top Bottom