Woo-hoo!!!!

I've just started getting eggs also. I'm hoping to get enough for breakfast. Its still dark out . I've been out to the coop twice checking on them. The auto door hasn't been working so I've been checking on them. Their safe. They have enclosed run & hot wire I'm just paranoid. Hope everyone gets eggs today.

Yewwwwwwwwww Hawwwwwwwww I had my first 2 eggs Oct 08 on my daughters birthday. What a surprise I have eggs so now I keep going outside to check to see if I can find any others in the grass. They are not using the nesting box's yet what am I doing wrong?

Yewwwwwwwwww Hawwwwwwwww I had my first 2 eggs Oct 08 on my daughters birthday. What a surprise I have eggs so now I keep going outside to check to see if I can find any others in the grass. They are not using the nesting box's yet what am I doing wrong?

You're not doing anything wrong, Gail. You just have to make the nest more attractive to lay in. It should be fairly dark and out of the way, and should be lower than the roosts are. Eventually they should come around to them! Mine layed on the floor near the waterer/feeder at first but I have not found any there for several days now since I added pine shavings to the nests.

Ridgerunner, how old are your chickens? Congratulations!!!
big_smile.png

I am brand new to chickens and so excited about getting eggs. I sent pictures of it to my friends. Is that weird?
My sex-link laid her first egg Thursday and another on Friday. My second sex-link laid her first this morning. Three eggs in three days! My husband is cooking them up as I type this. We cracked a store bought on the griddle next to our "farm" raised. No comparison. It was pale and bland next to my fresh laid.

Back
Top Bottom