Wood stove add ons..any one have one from TSC

Our home is 1800 sgf in our living space, my basement is the same 1800 sqf, its still unpartitioned but i have been studding it up and part is ready for paneling or drywall...,

our basement is unheated right now, but i think I'm going to go with the ussa hot-blast type.. i think it will still benefit us with the wood i have access plus it will take coal which the prices arent bad on it right now and ill be able to heat the basement as well once i open ducks up to supply the heat down there.

I know when our electric hot water heater goes which it is an electric tank type I'm going to go with a on the demand type of tankless hot water heater to supply it..but first i must wait till the unit in the house goes out before i change over..

here's one i have in mind for the near future..
http://www.tanklesswaterheatersdire...aters/stiebeleltron/stiebeleltronmainpage.htm

Charlie

Last edited:
Our entire house is heated with a coal/wood stove. It's a Chappee, and it's much cheaper than oil, and certainly heats better. Obviously there is slightly more work involved than oil. I'm not a fan of the outdoor stoves, simply because who wants to go out in the cold to take care of it. lol Plus they look kind of ugly just plopped out there in your yard. lol

Quote:
you need one of these bad boys. they cost a lot up front but we love it. it heats the house, hot water and my barn. some months my gas bill is $20 just the cooking gas. no carring the wood in the house and best of all no hazard of burning your house down or co2 poisoning... which we got twice with the stove in the basement. we have whole logs delivered for $450, last yr we only used one load. not bad. i will go take a pic of it outside. check out this site.
http://www.centralboiler.com/

Sara, Yes coal is good but lots of ash cleaning, plus you need a coal bin if buying by the tonnage, i know my Dad heats his home with a coal furnace it takes chestnut size coal, his home is 1400 sg ft, if I'm not wrong it only cost him about $500.00 year but he always has some coal left over for the next year and just has another load brought in.
He was gonna convert to oil beings he's getting older but i know now he is Glad to have kept it in and all of his procrastinating about getting the oil burner in and he never did, he's lucky he didn't as the future is sure to get very costly with oil..

Buster i think those tankless might be a pretty good investment, i wish i knew more about them and wonder if they will really work like they say they do. I personally don't know anybody with the set up..?

Charlie

I looked into the tankless heaters. They need a pretty good circuit of current to run them. I have an all electric house and didnt have enough left to run one. I would love the space save but i am not sure it would be worth the electric work - bill.

here you go buster.... only has to be filled twice a day. logs can be bigger so they burn better. so large my husband climbs in to clean it out in the off season. but we run it all yr round for the hot water. our hot water heater doesn't even have a burner in it, so it can't ever come on. hooks right up to the furnace in the basement. nothing had to be changed.
this is it next to the barn and in front of the chicken coop about 90 feet from the house. we have to go to the barn and coop anyway so it is easy to load.

16501_boiler.jpg

Last edited:
Ash cleaning, that's DH's department. lol But yeah 500.00 sounds about right. We try to burn as much wood as possible.
smile.png

Quote:
Now that doesn't look bad at all. All the ones our neighbors have are just out in the middle of nowhere, they look odd.

what was i thinking, i like anything that doesn't require us to pay foreign countries are money to heat our own homes..,

But those outdoor furnaces are nice, I'm just going a different rout here as i don't want to deal with the township..

when we had our home built i had two electrical boxes installed, one running the basement and another running the living area upstairs..

as for running the tankless, you will place it were the tank type sat if you choose and power off its electrical space, if I'm not wrong they come in 110v and 220v not sure if they have 110v in whole house heating type though

Charlie

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom